Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

About coffee

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,236 Community Veteran
edited November 2022 in General Chat
If u hav equal amounts of both types in a perculator Does it still wake u
Crazy mad insane
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• AoifeAoife Community Manager Posts: 3,168 Boards Guru
    I'm not too sure @ellie2000 all coffee should have caffeine in, unless you're drinking decaf coffee. When you mean both types, do you mean regular coffee and decaf coffee?
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,236 Community Veteran
    Those packets of real tht u put in the paper and u pour in water then it becomes nice yummy stuff
    2 of each, does the decafe weaken the Cafe or is it like two cups of separated
    Crazy mad insane
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Hey Ellie,

Do you mean will decaf coffee make the coffee taste differently?
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Does it lessen the strength?
    Crazy mad insane
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Decaf coffee doesn’t have any caffeine in it, but I have found it still tastes like coffee that has caffeine in.

Hope that helps
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    If u put 2 scoops in the filter of each, would it take away some volume of the caffeine
    Crazy mad insane
  • sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,465 Wise Owl
    Hi @ellie2000

I don’t think it would take away from the volume of caffeine in the drink.

If you did 2 scoops of normal coffee with caffeine in and then 2 decafs it would still have 2 scoops of the caffeinated coffee in the drink.

It would however be weaker than if you only use regular caffeinated coffee (eg 4 scoops of caffeinated and no decaf rather than half and half).

Hope this helps
    Sinead