Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Guy had a go at me

FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,298 Wise Owl
I was out with my friend and I was filming videos of us doing drive by videos of his car then this guy came shouting and swearing at me.
I wasn't doing anything wrong, just on this road filming my friend drive by then the  guy is shouting, first I don't think its for me then the shouting starts getting louder and louder then he come over to me. He was worried we might hit something and said we're making too much noise but it wasn't me driving the car and it was a public road, so thought it was ok. I feel traumatised  now, I have been feeling down about it the past few hours and everything I have been just been overthinking it. People say get a job, go out with friends and wonder why i stay home and dont go out, this is exactly why because when I go out and get had a go at. I think im just overthinking it

Comments

• Options
    fiona333fiona333 Posts: 141 Helping Hand
    Hey there @FordRanger so sorry to hear this, it sounds horrible. The gentleman definitely could have handled the situation better, such as quietly approaching you and your friend first. There was no need for him to be so aggressive, confrontational and rude. I don’t blame you for feeling traumatised, I can imagine it was scary and confusing, but lucky you were with your friend. Given the circumstances, I think it’s understandable to feel like you are overthinking things, it seemed so random and out of nowhere, and you said you didn’t realise he was initially talking to you.

I know you have had some struggles with school / college and employment, so I understand why you may have felt down for a few hours after. Please don’t let something like this and people like that get the better of you. You and your friend were just trying to have fun and enjoy yourself, nobody should ever stop you from doing that.

Hope you are feeling a bit better now 😊
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,050 Wise Owl
    First of all, I hope your doing better today. I can understand that this may have been an uncomfortable situation to be in as from what you’ve described, you hadn’t done anything wrong. Like Fiona said, the man could’ve handled the situation in a calmer manner which ultimately would have benefitted everyone at the time rather than make you feel the way you do. No one deserves to be shouted at when they’re out doing things.

Although easier said than done, please try not to overthink it too much and don’t let it stop you from going out and having fun.

Sending hugs,
    Sinead :3
  • Options
    fiona333 wrote: »
    Hey there @FordRanger so sorry to hear this, it sounds horrible. The gentleman definitely could have handled the situation better, such as quietly approaching you and your friend first. There was no need for him to be so aggressive, confrontational and rude. I don’t blame you for feeling traumatised, I can imagine it was scary and confusing, but lucky you were with your friend. Given the circumstances, I think it’s understandable to feel like you are overthinking things, it seemed so random and out of nowhere, and you said you didn’t realise he was initially talking to you.

I know you have had some struggles with school / college and employment, so I understand why you may have felt down for a few hours after. Please don’t let something like this and people like that get the better of you. You and your friend were just trying to have fun and enjoy yourself, nobody should ever stop you from doing that.

Hope you are feeling a bit better now 😊

Hi, cheers for the reply. My friend was up the road in his car and I was on my own but the guy was pissed of with my friend not me.
  • Options
    sinead276 wrote: »
    First of all, I hope your doing better today. I can understand that this may have been an uncomfortable situation to be in as from what you’ve described, you hadn’t done anything wrong. Like Fiona said, the man could’ve handled the situation in a calmer manner which ultimately would have benefitted everyone at the time rather than make you feel the way you do. No one deserves to be shouted at when they’re out doing things.

Although easier said than done, please try not to overthink it too much and don’t let it stop you from going out and having fun.

Sending hugs,
    Sinead :3

I'm forgetting it now plus i think either way it's not my fault maybe I should have just apologised to him