Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hi

CobralilyCobralily Posts: 5 Confirmed not a robot
I am Cobralily. Pardon my odd way of typing and excessive politeness.
zg5chnmwn9ql.jpeg
This is Kali.

Comments

• chloe224488chloe224488 Posts: 79 Budding Regular
    Hi @Cobralily it's great to meet you! Welcome to the mix :smile: Its great to meet Kali too, how old is he?
  • kaiikaii Posts: 434 Listening Ear
    Heya @Cobralily , welcome to TheMix! I hope you're doing well :smile: Kali is so cute! <3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • awesomeminecraft6789awesomeminecraft6789 Deactivated Posts: 1,052 Wise Owl
    Welcome
  • sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,004 Wise Owl
    Hello @Cobralily , welcome to the mix - hope you are well (also hi to Kali)
  • CobralilyCobralily Posts: 5 Confirmed not a robot
    Thanks thanks! Kali is a 1-2 year old female Russian tortoise(which, ironically, you don’t find in Russia).

I struggle with painful amounts of loneliness, severe trust issues, anxiety, depression, PTSD, trauma, emotional numbness, emotional pain, and 13 years of unprocessed pain and emotions. I do not have any close friends(and very few friends in general)so talking to people about it is way too awkward and personal for them and no one listens that long. I cannot trust therapists since all but one left me with more trauma. The one that did not only saw me for a few weeks before(figuratively)sending me off with a pat on the head saying I have great coping skills and I don’t need her. I am very good at hiding my problems. Too good. No one could spot the signs with a microscope. No one has. I am great at helping others and spotting the pain in them when they are as good at hiding it as I am(or don’t even know it’s there), but I cannot ask for help myself, even when I am dying on the inside. No one sees it. Many don’t care to. I honestly wanted to commit suicide when I 8-9 years old, but I thought of all the pets I had. Two of my chihuahuas hated everyone but me and most of my other pets had specialized care requirements and would die shortly after I did since I was the only one who knew how to care for them. And I feared the consequences my mother would probably face for my decision. Besides, she couldn’t survive without me;) I also thought of self harm and running away, but again, those thoughts stopped me. I was honestly losing my sanity.

My father is a narcissist who emotionally and mentally terrorized me all my life. He cheated on my mother and they divorced when I was 4-5 years old. The visits with him were absolute hell and this “justice” system didn’t care. They permitted it and even forced it. Mental and emotional abuse does not leave physical marks, it cannot be proven to the court and nobody cares. My father would come up with any reason he could find to start a court battle and drag me in the middle of it. He used all of my characteristics and traits against me. He would twist my words into something he could use. He even used my physical build. To give an idea, I am currently 5’ 8” tall and 120 pounds. Naturally. I have filled out noticeably since my childhood. My ribs and spine were naturally very visible, and it was practically impossible for me to gain weight. He loved to play the malnourishment card in court. If I were to type up everything he did, I could fill out a 20+ page document. He always made himself seem like the poor war veteran who was trying to save his damaged daughter from her insane Hispanic mother. In my preteen years he was trying to save the world from is sociopathic daughter who killed animals for fun and physically harmed people. And everyone believed him. No one believed me when I tried to tell them what he did to me.

It has been a year since I was finally able to cut off communications. I am trying to be better, but he is always a threatening presence at the corners of my existence. All of my nightmares are about him and his fabulous new wife(the b#%@&amp;).

P.S. I had some issues logging back in so sorry it took so long to respond!
    Ok, I did not mean to put that emoji there
  • JADE92JADE92 Posts: 30 Boards Initiate
    Hi @Cobralily <3 so glad to have you here as part of The Mix! Kali is so adorable :)
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Welcome Cobralily

Kali is very cute! 🐢
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Thanks thanks! I am also not very consistent on forums. I just cannot find it in me sometimes.
  • spoonspoon Posts: 375 Listening Ear
    Awwww Kali is adorable! Welcome both of you!
    Whats a signatureeeww