Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

UPDATE | Tech issues with group chat

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,042 Boards Guru
edited March 2022 in Help Desk
Hello folks. 😊 Apologies for taking a couple of days to address this officially, and thank you all for bearing with us while we hustled to nail down the issues and what workaorunds we can use.

What happened

We were planning to roll out a big software upgrade for group chat. This was going to include a bunch of new features, a tonne of bug fixes, and generally make group chat much better.

Buuuut thanks to some technical quirks, the update released at the wrong time. It went live before we could test it thoroughly and before we had a chance to post about all the exciting new additions to group chat. We were hoping for a slightly more exciting big reveal. 😅🤦🏻‍♂️

Known issues and workarounds

For now, here are the key things you need to know:
If you want to chat anonymously, you can still do that by creating an account with a name that isn't your real name. Once we have these bugs fixed, we can delete the account if you like.

These problems are all temporary and will be ironed out as soon as possible. Once the bugs have settled, we'll share a full announcement about the exciting new features we'll be introducing.

Let us know if you spot anything else

If you've noticed any other new issues with group chat (or solutions to those issues), please mention them below and we'll add them to the list to make everyone aware.

More to come after the weekend. 😊 Thank you all for being patient.

Mike & the team ✨
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,647 Legendary Poster
    edited March 2022
    It's not working at all on my phone, not sure if the mobile version is broken or if it's just me? Working ok on my laptop but has all the issues you mentioned
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    AbigailAbigail Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family
    @independent_ I had issues on my phone last night. You've got to use incognito tab to get around it. Annoying you can't look at anything else on your mobile when you on it 🙄. If it's still effecting playlist changing songs maybe get to a run 5 good songs then changing is a nip out of chat and back. It's annoying but temporary (hopefully). It's making hard for me to chat when I'm on the sofa or in bed
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Options
    Rain08Rain08 Posts: 1 Just got here
    it is not working for me so I was wondering if I can have help please
  • Options
    Rain08 wrote: »
    it is not working for me so I was wondering if I can have help please

Have you made an account and logged into it??
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Options
    Mel_Mel_ Posts: 574 Incredible Poster
    doesn't work for me
  • Options
    Mel chat is running just make sure you follow what Mike posted and do read this blog (thr relevant sections) to get you in and your logged into an account when your in there
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    Thanks for helping these folks out @Abigail. 😊

@Rain08 @Mel_ @independent_ did you have any luck in the end?
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,647 Legendary Poster
    It’s still not loading on my phone, but works ok on my laptop. I use the safari browser on both.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,807 Master Poster
    @independent_ Were you using Incognito mode or normal mode on your phone?
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    Thanks everyone - I'm closing this thread for now as we've created an official thread for the (now functional) software update. Feel free to post any new issues or feedback there. :)
    The truth resists simplicity.
This discussion has been closed.