Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Worried

One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
These past few nights have been so stressful due to issues that some users of GC will be aware of this has led to a couple of issues for me..

1. Due to being hacked through wifi and what ever else this person has used I can no longer access group chat.. they were banned to protect me but as they have used acsess to my personal devices, wifi (I don’t actually know) it has blocked me. I’m worried that this means I’ll never be able to use chat again but also if I am allowed back what happens if this person does it again.

2. I’m worried that now he knows he can’t access me through chat that this is going to take another form of harassment, although the police are involved now they have said they can’t do much due to lack of evidence.

I just want him to leave me alone!!!

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Just thought of something - can you use a 4G connection to get into chat on your phone? Not ideal but you may be able to get in that way although I’m not sure.

It has been a scary time for you so please look after yourself. The staff team will be able to help you with the technical side of things with chat and the ban <3
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    That’s what I was using last night but when I went to log in, unfortunately it wouldn’t let me. I have no idea what he’s done to het this to happen but it’s really annoying and stressful.

He hasn’t come by tonight so hopefully he’s taken the police warning seriously and given up xx
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Oh was it not your brother that posted on the mix profile?

I’m sorry. Sounds really stressful
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    @One-in-a-million I'm so sorry that this is happening to you. It sounds very distressing.

If it's possible for you, I would suggest contacting some of the technicians or group chat moderators etc. they may be able to help find a way to help you access the group chat during this stressful time.

I am really sorry that this is happening to you. Please be gentle with yourself, this is not your fault. You're really strong for getting the police involved, I hope this helps reduce these forms of harassment towards you.

Look after yourself, you're incredible. Sending you so much love and positivity right now <3
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    Just chipping in here to say we'll drop you a PM about the chat side @One-in-a-million. :) Your info might have been caught in the system when we banned the other user.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    @Mike thank you, I have received and replied to the email, I hope you’re able to reply and get me in tonight as chat is something that has been helping me mentally at the moment.

Thank you
  • Options
    @Shaunie unfortunately it wasn’t I can’t say too much but it’s been taken seriously and has started to be dealt with. Still some stuff to sort out but he shouldn’t be able to have access again.

@Brookee I have contacted the team and hopefully they will be able to sort this out.

@independent_ unfortunately this is not possible as my 4g has also been blocked. We have moved forward today and there has been a lot done to put protection in place, including having extra protection on my devices.

Thank you everyone

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Oh god that’s awful. I’m sorry
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    @Shaunie honestly this has messed so much up for me at the moment but hopefully now the police are involved it shall be sorted soon xx