Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How to delete your account

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
edited January 2022 in Help Desk
If you're considering deleting your account, we'd really encourage you to PM @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk to chat to us first. If there's anything making you want to step away from The Mix community (e.g. a bad experience), we might be able to help resolve the situation. :)

If you're sure you want to delete your account, here's how you can do it.

Deleting your group chat account

Login to group chat > edit profile > delete account

Your account and data will then be scheduled for deletion (this takes one week).

Deleting your discussion boards account

Send a private message to @TheMix, and let us know which option you want to choose:
Option 1: Deactivate your account.
You will be unable to login and a tag will be added to your posts to say you're away. You can reactivate your account whenever you like by emailing community@themix.org.uk. Your posts won't be affected.

Option 2: Delete your account but keep your posts.
Your username will be changed to 'past user' and your account will be deleted. The content of your posts and any support you've provided to other members will not be changed. Your account can't be recovered.

Option 3: Delete your account and your posts.
Your posts will be replaced with [deleted post] and your username will be changed to 'past user'. Your account and posts can't be recovered.
Your account will then be scheduled for deactivation (this is instant) or deletion (this takes one week).
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
Post edited by TheMix on
Tagged:

Comments

• Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    I cannot find how to contact @TheMix over PM. I would like to delete my account (option 2).
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Meg0110 wrote: »
    I cannot find how to contact @TheMix over PM. I would like to delete my account (option 2).

I believe you need 20 posts to be able to PM @Meg0110 but the team will probably be able to PM you to discuss it.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”