Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My care experience ( Tws )

summerxo21summerxo21 Deactivated Posts: 321 The Mix Regular
edited March 27 in Home, Law & Money
hey guys ( this is my experience of being in care there may be some TWs )

I went into care at 7 years old, i was poorly that day i had left to move but i was sad but i knew hopefully my new 'mum and dad' loved me 9 turns out they didn't.
years went by i became older i grew then i turned 11, i went walking to meet my partner i got raped. TW. I went back home i was so sad i couldn't talk to anyone.

I then moved into year 8 me and my partner was happy and i was getting stalked and raped and i got told if i told i would die. My foster carers didn't look after me, they treated me like a rag doll. i really thought no-one will ever love me. i then got told i could move back with my dad ( it didnt work out ) i then got moved back into foster care i got moved 11 times.
I got raped by one and i feel like a burden.

if you want to hear the rest then i will just this is hard to share, @Anch0r33 thank you for letting me write this <3
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    I'm really glad you've felt able to write such a thing. No need to thank me, this space is as much yours as it is mine :)

I hope you feel happy and proud of yourself for sharing. It can really feel empowering to control your words and share your story.

You're very strong and I hope you feel able to share more in the future if you feel that you wish to do so. The space is always here for you <3
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    Anch0r33 wrote: »
    I'm really glad you've felt able to write such a thing. No need to thank me, this space is as much yours as it is mine :)

I hope you feel happy and proud of yourself for sharing. It can really feel empowering to control your words and share your story.

You're very strong and I hope you feel able to share more in the future if you feel that you wish to do so. The space is always here for you <3

i felt scared haha! but thank you <3
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    hey guys ( this is my experience of being in care there may be some TWs )

I went into care at 7 years old, i was poorly that day i had left to move but i was sad but i knew hopefully my new 'mum and dad' loved me 9 turns out they didn't.
    years went by i became older i grew then i turned 11, i went walking to meet my partner i got raped. TW. I went back home i was so sad i couldn't talk to anyone.

I then moved into year 8 me and my partner was happy and i was getting stalked and raped and i got told if i told i would die. My foster carers didn't look after me, they treated me like a rag doll. i really thought no-one will ever love me. i then got told i could move back with my dad ( it didnt work out ) i then got moved back into foster care i got moved 11 times.
    I got raped by one and i feel like a burden.

I was trapped in side my own head i got help with nothing i felt a disgrace. i finally had so many court hearings my social worker said it is best you move back to your dads that was tough.
    At first i stayed with a foster family and the brother was really touchy feeling which i did not like he was 21.
    i then started moving bits back at my dads when i got raped again. i then found out i lost my mother. my dad said what a horrible 'girl' as he called me i was. he made it look like that i did not care about my mum and that if i had it i would of stayed out drinking (which wasnt true ) and i had kept all this is. he then stated he did not want me as his 'daughter' and that he wanted me out of his life because i did not say goodbye to my mum.
    i then got moved back into the foster care system and i broke down. i was living with situations i could not handle, i thought every day i was going to get raped or touched by my foster brother that i had enough of everything and left.
    after 5 days of going missing the police found me i went back and it carried on.

i will keep adding @Anch0r33 i added more :)
  • Options
    Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    I'm really sorry all that happened to you @summerxo21 you're really brave for sharing. I hope you find peace and comfort in sharing such a tough story <3
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    Anch0r33 wrote: »
    I'm really sorry all that happened to you @summerxo21 you're really brave for sharing. I hope you find peace and comfort in sharing such a tough story <3

its okay i am out now and alive <3 thank you