Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Me and my worries around sex.

summerxo21summerxo21 Deactivated Posts: 321 The Mix Regular
Hello,

I am currently away from my partner he says he really misses the sexual activity. i am so scared to tell him i am worried he may force me to do things ( he wont but previously it has been ) i feel a rubbish girlfriend after being with each other since we was in year 7 and i can't bring myself to say i am worried that i may get hurt again.

I love him to bits and he isn't the problem i got raped at 12 and i have not been settled during sexual intercourse when previously i have been hurt.
I sound so silly i'm 18 but i just want to be clear but worried that i am making a bad girlfriend of myself :(
he knows a little i find it hard but he doesn't know the full picture if that makes sense?

summer.

Comments

• Options
    Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Hey Summer, well done for sharing this. I know it can't be easy for you.

You've been through experiences that most people can't even begin to imagine. It's no wonder that you feel the way you do.

I know what you mean about feeling like you're a shitty gf - I literally used to try and drive my bf away because I wanted to be in control of when he left me, because in my mind he was always gonna leave anyway, it was just a matter of when.

I think us both coming from a background of trauma really does affect us in more ways than the typical ones. Relationships are hard and we feel worse about ourselves. It's important to remember that it's not your fault.

If you feel able to, it might be worth talking to your boyfriend about your feelings. I don't mean explicitly state that you think he's gonna force you but approach it lightly in a way you feel he will respond to.

Sending you all the hugs
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    summerxo21summerxo21 Deactivated Posts: 321 The Mix Regular
    Anch0r33 wrote: »
    Hey Summer, well done for sharing this. I know it can't be easy for you.

You've been through experiences that most people can't even begin to imagine. It's no wonder that you feel the way you do.

I know what you mean about feeling like you're a shitty gf - I literally used to try and drive my bf away because I wanted to be in control of when he left me, because in my mind he was always gonna leave anyway, it was just a matter of when.

I think us both coming from a background of trauma really does affect us in more ways than the typical ones. Relationships are hard and we feel worse about ourselves. It's important to remember that it's not your fault.

If you feel able to, it might be worth talking to your boyfriend about your feelings. I don't mean explicitly state that you think he's gonna force you but approach it lightly in a way you feel he will respond to.

Sending you all the hugs

thank you <3