Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Did any helpline hang up on you?

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
I called a helpline when I was feeling very low. I talked to them for some time about my issues and then they hung up on me suddenly. I have not said anything hurtful when calling them. I feel even worse now. It feels like I was abandoned and even a helpline wouldn't want to speak to me. Anyone has similar experiences and how do you cope?
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Sometimes they lose connection. Did you ring back?
  • Options
    @GreenTea No, I didn't. I was too hurt.
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    This was very likely a technical issue, it’s happened to me before when the person was in the middle of a sentence so it defo wasn’t them. Sometimes as GreenTea said it’s a loss of connection so worth ringing back.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    You did really well to ring the helpline @Kate_20, it’s not easy taking that step to reach out for support. I’m hearing how difficult it’s feeling for you after your call ended suddenly which is understandable to hear.

It’s really nice to see you’ve got some support from other members here. Just want to echo what they’ve shared and say that technical issues happen quite often during calls. You absolutely are deserving of support and ringing back can often be a good call to help you speak to the same person you had before. How are you feeling today?

I also wanted to ask if you would feel comfortable sharing what helpline it was that you contacted? If it was The Mix, do let me know and we’ll be sure to flag it to the team to see if there might have been any tech issues happening. We can try our best to make sure this doesn’t happen again <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    @Aife I will try the next time. Don't worry it was not TheMix.
  • Options
    SC1234SC1234 Posts: 8 Confirmed not a robot
    Never had that myself, but there are countless experiences of having to wait too long that made me feel worse.
  • Options
    SC1234 wrote: »
    Never had that myself, but there are countless experiences of having to wait too long that made me feel worse.

Hugs <3@SC1234
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    LorryTruck wrote: »
    Hey Kate,

This has happened to me before, on childline.

It was hurtful, but it must have been a technical issue.

I'm sure they didnt do it on purpose <3

We are all here to listen to you when you feel low <3

@LorryTruck Sorry to hear that you have also experienced this and thank you for your kind words <3
  • Options
    summerxo21summerxo21 Deactivated Posts: 321 The Mix Regular
    Kate_20 wrote: »
    LorryTruck wrote: »
    Hey Kate,

This has happened to me before, on childline.

It was hurtful, but it must have been a technical issue.

I'm sure they didnt do it on purpose <3

We are all here to listen to you when you feel low <3

@LorryTruck Sorry to hear that you have also experienced this and thank you for your kind words <3

Also, sorry it happened to you, i second what @Aife said well done for reaching out my inbox is open to anyone suffering hugs to you all,
  • Options
    summerxo21summerxo21 Deactivated Posts: 321 The Mix Regular
    edited September 2021
    I phoned a helpline ( hopelineuk) aka Papryus and they hung up on me i had to re phone and i got a telling off for ringing again, like i explained it was not my fault but i still got wrongly told off. if i die i won't call them after they made me upset. @Kate_20
  • Options
    summerxo21 wrote: »
    I phoned a helpline ( hopelineuk) aka Papryus and they hung up on me i had to re phone and i got a telling off for ringing again, like i explained it was not my fault but i still got wrongly told off. if i die i won't call them after they made me upset. @Kate_20

@summerxo21 I am sorry that this happened to you. I was actually told by Papyrus that they would ban me one day for calling them too much. So I am scared and I woudn't normally want to call them.