Homeā€ŗ Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

His being blunt and all this is my fault šŸ˜©

_Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
edited August 2021 in Health & Wellbeing
Hi guys so I think Iā€™ve ruined mine and my boyfriends relationship because I keep overthinking and thinking he is going to leave me and forget about me when he goes to collage btw itā€™s a long distance relationship. I kind of said if we ever do break up I will be really hurt and upset and I do stupid stuff when Iā€™m going thru a breakup which I wonā€™t go into to much detail because it is a TW so he said you seriously are just doing that so I donā€™t leave wtf. The thing is Iā€™m not doing that so he donā€™t leave Iā€™m doing it because Iā€™m too emotional attached to him I love and care for that boy so much. We was meant to go to see each other on Saturday 4th but he doesnā€™t want to at the moment. He said I donā€™t feel the same way about you like I did before but his saying he still wants to be in a relationship with me. Someone please tell me how that works then?šŸ˜­.
He said if you stop saying shit like that then I maybe will come and see you but not at the moment.

I said it doesnā€™t feel the same it feels like your being blunt and then he said itā€™s because I am thatā€™s why

I donā€™t know what to do?šŸ„ŗshould I just leave him now until he messages first

Comments

• Options
    Feel like Iā€™ve wasted my time on him tbh.
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Heyyy

Breakups can be difficult and even harder when you're doing things long distance because you have to put in extra effort to maintain that connection, I'm in one too so I can empathise with your worries. It's only natural to be scared of loosing somone you deeply care about. That being said, you've got to be super careful about how you word things like self harming as a result of somone choosing to leave a relationship. It puts the other person in a very unfair position and force the OP to stay in the relation in fear of you hurting yourself. It's very manipulative and a sliperry slope to head down.

I see him establishing very firm boundaries in my honest opinion and he's done the right thing in doing. I know you love him very much and what you said came from a place of fear but be mindful of how it might make another person feel.

Have a sit down chat with one and perhaps talk about how you can strengthen your relationship whilst moving through different stages of your lives but if he doesn't want to be in a relationship make sure that you get a clear answer from him and try to move on ā¤ļø

• Options
    Hello @Salix_alba_2019 i totally understand where your coming from about the self harming solution and I understand I shouldnā€™t have said that when I said that on that night I was up all night thinking about it and I shouldnā€™t have said that. I didnā€™t mean to say that I was just so upset thinking Iā€™m going to lose him.
    So I said to him you can break up with me if you want I wonā€™t hurt myself and I respect your decision if you do want to end it.
    I am not like that I donā€™t like forcing people it just comes out my mouth when im too overwhelmed.
    I said to him if your not happy in the relationship you can break up I told him how much I care about him also and said I will respect your decision.

Then after a few days he said Iā€™ll give you one final chance if you break this chance then Iā€™m going so I will try not to mess things up now ā¤ļø
  • Options
    Hi guys so as you seen what I said yesterday that he give me one final chance apparently he give me a final chance but he doesnā€™t trust me I mean how does that work because In a relationship there is supposed to be trust so I think his just making me feel bad about it so I said to him why donā€™t you trust me and he said there isnā€™t really a reason? So I said Ok Iā€™ll just let you know I was happy with you it was just the way I think ruins things and I do love and care for you so Iā€™m just saying itā€™s your decision you can either go with someone who will make you happier then I did or you can be with me the choice is completely yours. If it is me speak soon then and if it isnā€™t well I wish you the best of luck with your life and Iā€™m sorry Iā€™ve been such a idiot. Then I said have a think about it and then message me
  • Options
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Heyyy

I gotta rush into work, I'm on call but I'll get back to you in a bit. I've just been a bit poorly
  • Options
    @Salix_alba_2019 oh get well soon ā¤ļø
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey @_Tech_Addict_Girl how are things with him now? It sounds very confusing that he says he is giving you a final chance but doesnā€™t trust you. Sending hugs your way, hope you are ok šŸ’œ
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    @Lucy307 HišŸ’œit still the same
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hey @_Tech_Addict_Girl

I agree with @Lucy307, it must be very confusing for you at the moment. However, I think he just needs some time, he may be feeling a bit hurt at the moment and just want some time to himself to work through them emotions. You've owned up and told him that you shouldn't have said what you said, which is great.

Now that he has give you another change, treat it as a new chapter and leave behind any issues in the past you have already resolved with him. Also, trust can be built up again.

How are things with him now? Maybe he just needs a little more time.

Sending you love, I hope you are feeling okay today <3
  • Options
    EllieGraceEllieGrace Posts: 1 Just got here
    Hello,
    I feel when youā€™re in a relationship you have to back yourself and trust yourself to be enough which is why the person is with you. At the end of the day, if your boyfriend didnā€™t like you- he wouldnā€™t be with you.
    You are beautiful and you need to trust the relationship. If it is meant to be it will be.
    I feel you may need to be careful with wording certain aspects. I understand the thought of a breakup can cause so many unwanted emotions however, it can put the other person in a difficult situation. You want them to be with you because they want to be, not due to feeling like they have to be.
    I truly believe in fate and if things are going to work they will. If they donā€™t, you will be onto bigger and better things.
    ā¤ļøā¤ļø
  • Options
    @Meg0110 @EllieGrace Hey guys sorry for taking my time to respond with me and him I donā€™t think it will work again because there is no trust for no reason apparently he donā€™t trust me but hasnā€™t give me a reason why but he said we can try again but no problems meaning it might not work ā¤ļøā¤ļø
  • Options
    summerxo21summerxo21 Deactivated Posts: 321 The Mix Regular
    Heyyy

I gotta rush into work, I'm on call but I'll get back to you in a bit. I've just been a bit poorly

get better soon
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    @_Tech_Addict_Girl

My goodness i am so sorry. that has melted my heart :(

You ok? silly question but i gotta ask.

That is so unfair that you're his girlfriend and he treats you like that, giving up on a relationship ( when either the gf or bf feel differently ) then before is always hard. i am so sorry and i am going to be honest.

He doesn't deserve you, you don't need that you shouldn't be treated like that is it unfair and how disrespectful that he said that to you. it is hard to read this but i think moving on is best, he clearly has problems and long distance relationships are tough to trust each other ( i only know from the past ) you are not in the wrong by a mile he is the one in the wrong, you are putting effort, trust your time and loyalty and he is giving you a load of bullshit. i would move on, it hurts the aftermath is horrible but lovely he don't deserve you the way he is treating you is a red flag - here is a definition around reg flags in a relationship - https://www.mindbodygreen.com/articles/red-flags-in-relationships#:~:text=What is a red flag,makes you question the%relationship. if he doesn't like you it is his loss, you're beautiful and will find someone amazing who loves you for YOU! if this relationship is meant to be it will work out if not then it isn't your fault. you'll become an amazing girlfriend/wife to any man out there that will love and care for you you're gorgeous: wonderful: beautiful: and amazing: love you girl

You don't have to listen but my pm's are open feel free to message me i can help you ! take care,

Summer <3 xx
  • Options
    @summerxo21 Hiā¤ļø to be honest Iā€™m just trying to be strong and get thru it I just really love him and I thought it would last a long time we are trying again see where things go but he said Iā€™m not promising anything it just feels like my love life is going out the window and I wonā€™t find anyone who will care and love me thatā€™s what I thinkšŸ„ŗThankyou so much for your kind words and Thankyou you can dm me too. Love youā¤ļø
  • Options
    @summerxo21 Hiā¤ļø to be honest Iā€™m just trying to be strong and get thru it I just really love him and I thought it would last a long time we are trying again see where things go but he said Iā€™m not promising anything it just feels like my love life is going out the window and I wonā€™t find anyone who will care and love me thatā€™s what I thinkšŸ„ŗThankyou so much for your kind words and Thankyou you can dm me too. Love youā¤ļø

That is totally understandable, and i get. you say you won't find a love in the future you may not think you may not but i am 95% sure you will!

if you need to come visit me at my depression discussion thread :) x

love you too <3