Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Positive affirmations - read one a day

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
146940331-every-day-is-a-new-start-vector-motivational-inspirational-quotes-affirmation-wording-design-letteri.jpg?ver=6

Some you may already be familiar with positive affirmations, they are phrases you can say to yourself each day to help you with your mental health. By saying one a day, they are meant to help you feel stronger and believe in yourself. I thought this would make a nice thread in the positivity corner so we can check in on it and read them when we can :)

If you have any positive affirmations to share, post them below and we can all read one each day <3

I'll go first:
I Am Strong and Capable
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,787 Master Poster
    This is a beautiful idea that could be very helpful for many people @Aife Thank you so much. :)<3

My ability to conquer my challenges is limitless; my potential to succeed is infinite.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Ah I love this thread :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    jxss_lxighjxss_lxigh Posts: 16 Settling in
    Aww this thread is amazing <3
    I have it within me to conquer any challenges that occur today
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,787 Master Poster
    @xoxolollielovejess1n You might like this
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Thank you for sharing @Dancer and @jxss_lxigh <3

Here's one I found that's a nice reminder :)
    I can take things one day, or one hour, at a time.
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤