Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Managing manic & depressive episodes

lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
Hey guys! :3
How are you all?

So, I've spoken to my GP about symptoms I've been experiencing for a couple of years now and after the consultation, he said it's a possibility that I may have bipolar and I should consult with my psychiatrist about this.

So, fellow community members! :3
What's your insight/advice/tip on managing manic & depressive episodes?

Comments

• _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    Lots of hugs for you @lovemimoon ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • SpaceOtterSpaceOtter Community Champion Posts: 761 Part of The Mix Family
    Heya mimoon I’m sorry I don’t have any advice. And you’ve probably done a lot of your own research but here’s the mix’s section on bipolar.

https://www.themix.org.uk/mental-health/depression-mental-health/bipolar-disorder-6633.html

Sorry I can’t be any help.

We’re all here for you, even if we don’t understand exactly what you’re going through we’re always happy to listen <3
    You're awesome!
  • Rose124Rose124 Posts: 69 Boards Initiate
    Wishing you all the best, sending lots of virtual hugs your way ❤️❤️

I’m really sorry that I can’t share any tips that work well for me. However, I did find this article that talks about how to manage manic episodes, so I hope this helps at all :)

https://psychcentral.com/disorders/manic-episode#how-to-manage-an-episode

I also found this article on how to manage depressive episodes so I hope this helps too :)

https://www.healthline.com/health/bipolar-disorder/depression#start-a-healthy-routine

Also, another thing that may be good to look into is to join a support group for people with bipolar disorder, as you may find that other people in the support group have some amazing ideas on how to manage manic and depressive episodes.

You’ve got this!!! I’m rooting for you!!
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Thank you everyone for replying! ❤
    Your insights and support are better than nothing at all!

Thank you for the hugs @_Tech_Addict_Girl I hope you're doing okay. It's been a while so I'll get back to you! 😊

Thank you @SpaceOtter and @Rose124 for the links! I'll check them out and let you guys know what's up! ❤

In the meantime, @Rose124 I've recently got accepted into a support group for bipolar disorder, and it's been incredibly helpful. Thank you!
  • ississ Posts: 3 Newbie
    Hi I’m new to this website and I’ve been going through depression episodes from late autumn to early spring since I was 14 and I’m now coming up for 18. During these depression episodes it feels like I’m not in my own body and I blank out for weeks on end not able to remember what I was doing or even where I have been.
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Hey @iss

Welcome to the Mix! <3
    It's good to have you here! :3

I'm having similar problems! It feels like it's a blur, and I'm not even... there anymore. My body's just moving on its own.

How do you manage your depressive episodes?
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    @lovemimoon Hey I’m doing ok yes you can message me when you like x
  • ississ Posts: 3 Newbie
    @lovemimoon
    I’m not sure I kind of somehow make it through which isn’t helpful but I’m like a zombie sometimes it feels like there’s no way to stop.
  • KalekaAKalekaA Posts: 34 Boards Initiate
    @iss
    Hi there, I hope you have contacted professional about this. If not, please do.

Perhaps, taking up a hobby could help to focus your mind during these episodes. A creative or physical outlet like music, writing or a sport can be great to distract yourself and work towards an important milestone. I would love to hear what your interests are. @lovemimoon, your profile says you like music and reading, what kind of music do you like and would you like to share what else has helped so far?