Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Please answer - missing my ex :(

Rose124Rose124 Posts: 69 Boards Initiate
Hey everyone
I hope you’re all doing well.

I feel completely stupid for missing my ex, but I really miss her and there is no way that I can get in contact with her again (not that I should get in contact with her anyway) due to her blocking me on all social media’s. So feeling really low about this, does anyone have any tips on how to get over an ex

This is my second time trying to get over my feelings for her.

I feel so stupid for posting this, especially because it’s been 6 months since we broke up, but everyone on here has some really good advice so I thought why not :)

Hope you all have a lovely rest of your day

Comments

• Options
    PhoebsflowersPhoebsflowers Posts: 58 Boards Initiate
    Hi @Rose124

I'm really sorry to hear you've been feeling low. I think it can be fairly common for many people to take a little while to get over an ex, especially if they were a big part of your life and are now suddenly not there anymore. Even if 6 months seems like a long time, it doesn't sound silly for you to still be upset. You should be able to take as long as you need to recover :)
    Do you think this could perhaps be a time to focus on yourself and your own needs? Maybe you could find a new hobby or set yourself some new goals to achieve?
  • Options
    Thank you, that’s so true @Phoebsflowers

That’s what I’ve been trying to do, it’s just so hard. Cause no matter what I do to try and distract myself she always there at the back of my mind and then when I have a quiet moment, the feelings always get to strong for me to deal with.

I’m definitely gonna take some time away from relationships and just spend that time with myself, getting to know my passions in life and being fine being single and on my own.

Thank you for your advice though, I really appreciate it :)
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    That’s okay @Rose124 <3
    It seems like it might be a good idea to take some time away from relationships to focus on yourself if you think you need it. Is there perhaps a new passion that you could find that you didn’t ever discuss with your ex? That way do you think you might potentially find that whatever it is doesn’t remind you of them?
  • Options
    There would be yeah, I’m studying to be a drama therapist so I’m volunteering for mental health charities which I’m putting a lot of my passion into.

However, my ex may have messaged me and I may have messaged her back and we may have had the most awesome conversation ever, and I’m now really hoping that I can become friends with her as I have really missed her and see where things lead from there. But I’m very excited for the future :)

Anyone have any tips on how to befriend your ex again, that would be greatly appreciated

Thank you so much for listening to my rant :)
  • Options
    Good luck that with that. It sounds like a really interesting career path.

Oh wow that must be nice to have got talking again. I’m glad to hear you’re feeling more positive about things now 😃
  • Options
    @Phoebsflowers

Hope you’re well :)

Aww thank you!! Yeah I’m really excited for it!! I was gonna study directing theatre, however I realised that I much prefer counselling and drama so I combined them together and found my favourite career in counselling.

Yeah it is really nice, at the moment I’m just taking things slow, and messaging her here and and there, but yet it is so nice to have gotten back into contact again. Hoping that we can become friends :)
  • Options
    jxss_lxighjxss_lxigh Posts: 16 Settling in
    Hello, I hope you're doing well <3

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling low but I just want you to know that this is a natural way to feel after a break up. Breakups are a big life change anti will take time get used to difference in your life and daily routine. You're not silly at all for feeling this way and you should take as much time as you need to make progress, every small step counts :)

I've seen here some amazing advice has been offered in terms of focussing yourself so I'd just like to add to this and say to focus on what makes you happy, this low feeling won't last forever <3
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @Rose124,

It sounds like getting back in touch with your ex was a good thing for you. Happy to hear :heart:

In terms of be-friending an ex, it sounds like you are doing all the right things with taking it slow. I'm friends with my ex, and communication/boundaries has been the most important thing. Knowing how much contact is healthy for you both and respecting that :blush:

Best of luck - I know there's a stigma around ex's being friends, but for some people it sure is possible and can work! :heart: