Home Gender & Sexuality
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

COMING OUT

lovenature773lovenature773 Posts: 57 Boards Initiate
So I’m been confused for over a year now and I’ve found it! I’m bi but have a stronger connection with girls. I plan to come out to my family in a couple weeks and I hope me and my mum can go shopping sell my clothes I don’t like etc I really wanna be a boy as well so nervous but excited! If anyone has tips like should I gather all my family into one room and tell them or send it in a group chat? I don’t wanna make a big deal but I want my family knowing I don’t want dresses unless it’s for wedding and is necessary then I’m fine just no heels! Also feel free to share your story’s I want to see how everyone came out the closet!
I fear not the dark
But what may lurk within

Comments

• lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    YEEEEEESS @lovenature773

So happy for you! <3
    I'm kinda still in the closet with my mum so I can't really help you there but lots and looots of love! Good luck with your family!
    d9l6f9lvpvdt.png
  • lovenature773lovenature773 Posts: 57 Boards Initiate
    @lovemimoon thank you <3
    @BenMa thank you! I’m gonna do a draft of things to say and then I will tell them after my exams.
    Have a great day/night!
    I fear not the dark
    But what may lurk within
  • rainskyerainskye Posts: 130 The Mix Convert
    Proud of you!
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    So happy for you! Happy pride, I'm proud of you :heart:

Drafting your ideas of what you'd like to say sounds great. It would be fab to hear how it goes when you tell them :blush:

• Rose124Rose124 Posts: 69 Boards Initiate
    Hi lovenature773

So proud of you!! Massive congratulations.

One thing that I do, when i'm stuck between deciding on two things, is that I create a mindmap and on the mindmap I write down pro's and con's for each idea, and then i weigh the pros and cons against each other for each idea to see which one would be the best.

Also drafting your ideas of what to say to your family sounds like an amazing idea. I hope it goes well for you. I've got all my fingers crossed over here for you.

• hollyjhollyj Posts: 3 Newbie
    So happy for you! I know it’s terrifying to come out to family and friends, but please remember that all you can do is be honest and open. You can’t control how they react and that’s okay!

If it sets you free then it’s more than worth it, you can’t live your life for other people. You have to make sure that you’re okay first, the people who are meant for you will always stand by you and won’t even phase them. That being said give them some time, it’s a scary concept for parents, just because they struggle to accept it doesnt in any way diminish the love they have for you.
  • maryam852maryam852 Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    @hollyj I completely agree, it is important to put yourself first, no matter how conflicted you feel.
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 111 The Mix Convert
    I'm so proud of you!
    Coming out to your own family is never easy but it is definitely liberating and I will support you in doing so!

You need to be proud of yourself!

A huge hug from your virtual friend,

Cosmo.