Home Gender & Sexuality
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Limited spaces available! Sign up here
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

COMING OUT

lovenature773lovenature773 Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
So I’m been confused for over a year now and I’ve found it! I’m bi but have a stronger connection with girls. I plan to come out to my family in a couple weeks and I hope me and my mum can go shopping sell my clothes I don’t like etc I really wanna be a boy as well so nervous but excited! If anyone has tips like should I gather all my family into one room and tell them or send it in a group chat? I don’t wanna make a big deal but I want my family knowing I don’t want dresses unless it’s for wedding and is necessary then I’m fine just no heels! Also feel free to share your story’s I want to see how everyone came out the closet!
I fear not the dark
But what may lurk within
BenMalovemimoonAislingDMAzziman

Comments

• BenMaBenMa Posts: 59 Boards Initiate
    Hey lovenature!

I'm so happy for you that you've found your true identity as being bisexual with a strong connection/preference for girls! And thank you for sharing that with us :blush:

I've only come out to my mum as being bisexual (when I actually feel I identify as gay), and nobody else is aware. When I came out to my mum, I planned it so that I was able to give her time on her own (physical distance as I was just leaving for school) which allowed her to come up with questions or process it herself before properly speaking with me.

I felt this worked really well for me as I was worried her reaction was going to be one of shock or disappointment, so made sure I gave her time before she asked any questions or honestly, made any comments.

Have a think about how you might like to do it, and it sounds like you have some really nice ideas of what you'd like to say to make it a happy and upbeat occasion! Perhaps once you have some other ideas, and some other people from the Mix have given their experiences, you can let us know here what you have planned?

Proud of you! Happy pride! :blush:

Ben
    Children, after all, are not just adults-in-the-making. They are people whose current needs and rights and experiences must be taken seriously. – Alfie Kohn
    lovenature773
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon 🦋 Posts: 1,632 Extreme Poster
    YEEEEEESS @lovenature773

So happy for you! <3
    I'm kinda still in the closet with my mum so I can't really help you there but lots and looots of love! Good luck with your family!
    d9l6f9lvpvdt.png
    lovenature773
  • lovenature773lovenature773 Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
    @lovemimoon thank you <3
    @BenMa thank you! I’m gonna do a draft of things to say and then I will tell them after my exams.
    Have a great day/night!
    I fear not the dark
    But what may lurk within
    AislingDM
  • rainskyerainskye ➳ lds, uk Posts: 127 The Mix Convert
    Proud of you!
    lovenature773
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 891 Part of The Mix Family
    So happy for you! Happy pride, I'm proud of you :heart:

Drafting your ideas of what you'd like to say sounds great. It would be fab to hear how it goes when you tell them :blush:

lovenature773
  • Rose124Rose124 Posts: 46 Boards Initiate
    Hi lovenature773

So proud of you!! Massive congratulations.

One thing that I do, when i'm stuck between deciding on two things, is that I create a mindmap and on the mindmap I write down pro's and con's for each idea, and then i weigh the pros and cons against each other for each idea to see which one would be the best.

Also drafting your ideas of what to say to your family sounds like an amazing idea. I hope it goes well for you. I've got all my fingers crossed over here for you.

lovenature773