Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hi! i’m laura

laurakate_laurakate_ Posts: 14 Settling in
i’m laura and i’m 16.
i’m currently studying and taking my GCSE exams. Like many, i struggle with my mental health.i know talking to people would help but i find it really difficult. i find talking on platforms like this much easier and more comfortable.

feel free to reply to this post as i would love to to chat and listen to as many people as i can.

thank you! :)

Comments

• Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Hey! It's lovely to meet you!
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • laurakate_laurakate_ Posts: 14 Settling in
    Hiya! yes it's great to be on here, i signed up to be a volunteer but not really to sure what i'm doing and how best i can help people?
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @Anch0r33 it's great to be on here. how are you today? what have you been up to?
  • matthew2909matthew2909 Posts: 35 Boards Initiate
    laurakate_ wrote: »
    i’m laura and i’m 16.
    i’m currently studying and taking my GCSE exams. Like many, i struggle with my mental health.i know talking to people would help but i find it really difficult. i find talking on platforms like this much easier and more comfortable.

feel free to reply to this post as i would love to to chat and listen to as many people as i can.

thank you! :)

Hi Laura how are you im new to the group too
    @matthew2909 Hi Matthew, I'm doing ok. I've done nothing all day so now feel bad for being lazy but I've got a full day of dance tomorrow to make up for it. What have you been up to today?
    @matthew2909 Hi Matthew, I'm doing ok. I've done nothing all day so now feel bad for being lazy but I've got a full day of dance tomorrow to make up for it. What have you been up to today?

Omg same here lol its been raining all day here which suck ive attempted to bake a cake but my dog decided he wanted to test it out first lol
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Heyyy @laurakate_ welcome to the boards!! My name is Elle and I'm 18, it's lovely to meet you <3
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Heyyy @laurakate_ welcome to the boards!! My name is Elle and I'm 18, it's lovely to meet you <3

Hi Ellie I'm Matthew I'm new its nice to meet you
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster

heyy @matthew2909 I dropped you a message on your other thread but thought I'd say it here too, it's lovely to meet you!! welcome!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • espurrierviespurriervi Posts: 9 Confirmed not a robot
    hey Laura!! I'm v new here my name is Emily. I'm here if you need any support especially with exams etc. I'm 20 so went through it quite a few years ago but if you need any support give me a shout❤
    treat yourself with kindness

heyy @matthew2909 I dropped you a message on your other thread but thought I'd say it here too, it's lovely to meet you!! welcome!

Hey how are you and lovely to meet you too
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Hey there, welcome to The Mix!

Sorry to hear that you've been experiencing troubles with your mental health, you've come to the right place for support or signposting if you need it :)

I'm post education (hallelujah 🤪) but should you require any advice there's a bunch of us here that can share and lend you some advice too
    Hey there, welcome to The Mix!

Sorry to hear that you've been experiencing troubles with your mental health, you've come to the right place for support or signposting if you need it :)

I'm post education (hallelujah 🤪) but should you require any advice there's a bunch of us here that can share and lend you some advice too

Thank you soo much
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    @laurakate_ Hey Laura welcome to the mix lovely to have you here ❤️
    @_Tech_Addict_Girl thank you, it's nice to be on here seeing everyone supporting each other!
    @independent_ Hi Ellie! lovely to be on here.
    just finished my day of dance, now onto revision - how fun :p
    @espurriervi Hi! thank you so much, I am revising but find it hard when for some reason the day just goes, and then I've not done any revision and end up staying up really late to get it done. I get myself in a cycle then and then I'm so tired the next day.
    @Salix_alba_2019 Hi! thank you. I cant wait to finish, I have 3 weeks left and I'm just counting down the days. I've struggled with school since year 8. I'm always getting into trouble. so I'll be glad to just have a break really.
  • espurrierviespurriervi Posts: 9 Confirmed not a robot
    @espurriervi Hi! thank you so much, I am revising but find it hard when for some reason the day just goes, and then I've not done any revision and end up staying up really late to get it done. I get myself in a cycle then and then I'm so tired the next day.

don't put too much pressure on yourself lovely, find a routine that works for you even if that is working of a night and do what you can without burning yourself out !
    treat yourself with kindness