Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Am I a homewrecker?

SkyeSkye Posts: 103 The Mix Convert
So I met this guy online a few days ago and we become very good friends in just an hour. We got together very well. Until yesterday. He drunk messaged me that he loved me and out of habit and said I loved him too (I did mentioned I loved him as a friend becuz I knew he has a girlfriend). Today when he woke up sober he said whatever he said yesterday was true and he was afraid to tell me because I'll reject him. I reminded him that he has a girlfriend and she doesn't deserve that. Our friendship has really gotten awkward now. And he said he always love me even tho it meant cheating on his girlfriend. Her girlfriend doesn't deserve this and I feel like I'm the one at fault. I'm confused I don't know what to do. It feels like I'm ruining their relationship. :s
Won't you come over and watch the stars with me?

Comments

• Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    If that's the case and it's making you feel uncomfortable maybe you should take a step back from conversations with him for a short while. Don't think you should feel too guilty, seems like something he's pushing for the most part.
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    I agree with @Supernova @Skye sending big hugs 🥰❤️
  • SkyeSkye Posts: 103 The Mix Convert
    Update:
    The guy messaged me saying that his girlfriend broke up with him but then I found out he lied. I haven't confronted him about him lying. He kinda forced me to confess my feelings to him and I just played dumb all this time. And now we aren't talking anymore and I don't know what to feel about he. Like he was a good as a friend but I didn't expect him to lie and I feel like he was playing me all along.

• ChristiaanChristiaan Posts: 21 Boards Initiate
    I think you are right. I think he has been playing you all along. I don't say once a cheater always a cheater but unfortunately it becomes a habit very quickly.
  • HannahHannah Posts: 30 Boards Initiate
    Hey @Skye its been a few weeks since you posted this on the boards so I'm just wondering how you may be feeling now?
  • SkyeSkye Posts: 103 The Mix Convert
    Hi @Hannah I'm alright. I'm over whatever happened. I haven't talked to him ever since. And tbh I do miss him as a friend but everything happens for a reason.

• HannahHannah Posts: 30 Boards Initiate
    Hi @Skye I'm glad to hear that you're doing okay, but I want to remind you that it is also completely fine and actually pretty normal to not be 'over' things as much as we would like to be, especially if these things caused us to feel pretty intense emotions.

Its understandable that you would miss his friendship as you did make a connection and you say you got on really well fairly quickly, but you should remind yourself that people who value you and respect you - your true friends and people who care about you - will never purposely create a situation that could result in making you feel bad or uncomfortable, or could result in ruining your friendship! Not having him in your life is probably the better option.

I'm proud of you for taking this as a learning experience and opportunity to grow, keep moving forward <3:)