Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Relapse

primroseprimrose Posts: 6 Confirmed not a robot
edited March 2021 in Health & Wellbeing
It's almost been 5 years since I self-harmed. Well, not anymore. Idk? I'm just being dumb
primrose 🌹💐
Post edited by Emma_ on

Comments

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hey @primrose

I’m really sorry to hear you relapsed, that’s never an easy thing to go through. Please know that it doesn’t mean you’ve failed - recovery is a journey after all and it’s not always simple.

Do you want to talk more about what’s been going on for you lately? I’m glad you’ve found us here on the boards, it’s a great place to get support and there are plenty of people who are always willing to listen to how you’ve been feeling <3
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • primroseprimrose Posts: 6 Confirmed not a robot
    If it's not too much of a bother, it'd be nice to talk about all the things going on.. I'm thankful to have found this chatboard/chatroom.

I just feel so guilty for doing it. After so many years.. it went from omg yes (that feeling again) to omg no, what have I done. Now, I'm wanting to do it more, but I haven't.
    primrose 🌹💐
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Hey primrose

Welcome to the community, it's really positive you've found us. :heart:

Sorry to hear that you are struggling with this, and how it's making you feel guilty. Like independent said recovery is a journey.

We are always here for you if you want to talk about things :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hope go see you talk more on the boards, and I hope it helps enough to keep your mind of things :) all the best to you
    I appreciate y'all's support. It's difficult to move back to my hometown, which happens Saturday. I've been overly stressed and I really don't want to go back. It's a struggle for me to go back because of all the bad things that happened to me there. I haven't been back to my hometown for about 7 years now.
    primrose 🌹💐
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hey @primrose no worries, you’re always welcome to get any support you need here. The Mix also run group chats every night from 8-9.30 UK time, they’re a great place to get support too. You can find them here: https://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/group-chat

Moving back to a place where you have bad memories is understandably difficult, do you have any coping techniques you use to feel calmer? <3
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    I try my best to use good coping mechanisms, like listening to music or keeping myself busy so those bad thoughts/memories don't intrude. They just don't work all the time and I end up having panic attacks or lesser anxiety attacks. I have a support system... but they are all where I used to live, so it isn't the same.... :s
    primrose 🌹💐
    @independent_ like... idk it is so overwhelming at times... I get so frustrated and so angry with myself, and in turn I take my anger out on others, which makes me feel so guilty :'(
    primrose 🌹💐
  • ChristiaanChristiaan Posts: 21 Boards Initiate
    Hi Primrose. I'm just wondering how you are feeling today. Hope you are okay.
    Hey, sorry for the late response.. I have been extremely busy and stressed because of moving -- unpacking, decluttering, cleaning, and trying to find a job). I am okay: I make it through the day, but just barely. I don't like it, at all. But, 'tis the life I live, at least for now... yay .-.
    primrose 🌹💐