Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is this normal and what is it?

molmol Posts: 47 Boards Initiate
edited March 2021 in Health & Wellbeing
[deleted]
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Hey Mol :) 

This sounds simalar to what my brother and the children I work with have which is tic disorder/Torreutes and a lot of the time this can co-encide with Autism/Aspergerges

My brother often describes it as something he feels he has to do , like say you have a itch and if you ignore it , it gets worse and worse and that he often finds there more frequent when he’s anxious and uncomfortable . I’m not sure if that’s how it feels for you.

i often get the urges to just make random noises at time and I understand the uncomfortable feeling  of Having to do them.

Obviously I’m not a Doctor so it may be worth going to see your GP or peadeatrican if you have one to talk through your concerns especially seeing one of yours may be hitting out at others/yourself  <3

Never be embarrassed of ashamed for feeling like you have to do these sweet :)
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Just wanted to pop in and echo what @Millie2787 is saying, it might be worthwhile for you to talk to your GP about what you're dealing with. They're likely to be able to tell you what it is you're dealing with as well as offer you different options for where to go from here.

It's understandable that you'd feel worried about these urges being "normal" or not but they sound pretty similar to something a lot of people I know deal with called intrusive thoughts, so I can say confidently that you're not the only person who's experienced something like this. It's very brave of you for wanting to talk about this though and hopefully putting your feelings into words has helped you a little. :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,312 Part of The Furniture
    ImNotJay wrote: »
    I have tourettes and this sounds exactly like when I have a tic, I'll get an urge to do something. I did therapy for it years back and have been moderately fine with it since. However tourettes usually comes about at around the age of 6/7 so it could be something else. You should speak to your doctor about it :)
    Just a heads up I deleted this post @ImNotJay as it's quite old. Any thread that's over a couple months old can generally be considered 'dead' and shouldn't be resurrected. :)

More info in the guidelines if you want to take a look.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
This discussion has been closed.