Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Come to Support Circle (there's space!)

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,287 Part of The Furniture
edited February 2021 in Community Announcements
The next Support Circle is on Tuesday 9th February, from 7:55pm to 9:30pm. :)

What is Support Circle?

Support Circle follows the same basic structure as a Support Chat - opening round, support time, and closing round. The unique thing about Support Circle is that everyone gets their own time to chat and be heard by the group, and have their chance to listen and support others. It's sign-up based so the group is relatively small, and you can sign-up to get support or to support others.

It's a great space for people who find it difficult to get their voices heard in regular support chat and/or are keen to listen and support others in a more structured environment. We have places for people who want to come and get support or attend as listeners

We've had a few less sign ups than usual recently, with some folks saying they didn't want to take up a space that someone else could use. But we usually end up with empty spaces, so please do sign up!

Listeners are an important part of Support Circle too, so you can also sign up if you don't want support yourself. It can be a great place to flex your support skills and lend a hand to others who need it.

You can sign-up using this form. :) There's plenty of space!
All behaviour is a need trying to be met.

Comments

• SeaweedSeaweed Posts: 26 Boards Initiate
    I've never joined one, what is it like?
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Seaweed said:
    I've never joined one, what is it like?

Hello, 
    I use support circle! So basically you go In, do an opening round (a warm up random question just to get the chat going) you then go through the general chat rules! Each member who is there for support then gets 10-15 minutes of support time, so you can talk about what's going on for you and get some support. Once the time is up, you all move on to support the next person.

I personally find it extremely helpful to get support. I feel like I get a good chunk of time to just spill out what's bothering me and feel heard. It's also nice to hear how others are doing and offer them support too.

Hope this helps! If you have any other questions, do post here and I'll try my best to answer!

Hi Greentea,
    Is it a call? I would really like to join but I get super nervous on calls. Can you leave the group if you don't like it?
    Sorry for all the questions.
    Kai 😃
    Seaweed said:

Hi Greentea,
    Is it a call? I would really like to join but I get super nervous on calls. Can you leave the group if you don't like it?
    Sorry for all the questions.
    Kai 😃

It's not a call, it's using the chatroom.  Have you ever been in the group chats? Each evening they run the chatroom.
    I'll post the link below, maybe worth checking out the rooms open this evening. I believe it's general chat and support chat. (Correct me if I'm wrong @Themix)

https://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/group-chat
    I haven't used them but thanks 😁
    Seaweed said:
    I haven't used them but thanks 😁

Check them out! Support circle is run using those chatrooms. If you sign up, you'll get sent a message on here with a password to a room that is password protected! Which is why you have to sign up
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,287 Part of The Furniture
    What @GreenTea said @Seaweed! If it helps, it's similar to 'circle time' or how you might imagine an AA meeting. You go round a 'circle' of people and take turns to share and get support. :)
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hey @Seaweed I also use support circle and find it’s extremely helpful. If you’ve ever been to a regular support chat, sometimes they can get quite busy and that can be overwhelming, support circle is a much quieter chat and if you sign up for support you know you’ll definitely be heard!! I encourage you to sign up the mods are lovely and you’d be very welcome!! 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    I wish I could join but I checked the time and it's way to early. At least I still have the discussion boards! 😁
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,287 Part of The Furniture
    Seaweed said:
    I wish I could join but I checked the time and it's way to early. At least I still have the discussion boards! 😁
    Ah no worries @Seaweed! It'll be here if you change your mind. :)
  • RachaelRachael Posts: 17 Settling in
    When do we hear if we've been accepted that week? I filled in the form but haven't heard anything yet, and as it's tomorrow I'm not sure if I got in or not
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hey Rachael you will likely get a pm tomorrow :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • RachaelRachael Posts: 17 Settling in
    Thanks Laine :)
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Rachael said:
    When do we hear if we've been accepted that week? I filled in the form but haven't heard anything yet, and as it's tomorrow I'm not sure if I got in or not
    Hey @Rachael I normally get the password on the day of the circle in the afternoon, but it can be as late as 5 or 6pm so don’t worry if you haven’t had it until the evening. If not you can always ask in the lobby. It’ll be great to see you there :) 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”