Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Negative step mum

DistractionDistraction Posts: 449 Listening Ear
I'm just so tired of it, the stomping about, the games, the anger and eggshells,

I try not rise to it but I feel like I'm losing myself 

Comments

• Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @Distraction

This sounds tough! I'm not sure if you'd like support, or just a space to vent, but please know that either is absolutely fine. If you'd like to talk about this a bit more, you are more than welcome to and I will support you as best I can :smile: Sending huge hugs and support your way :heart:
  • Options
    chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    Hey there @Distraction

This sounds like a really tough situation. I'm so sorry that you feel like you're losing yourself to all this negativity. It sounds like your step mum is very frustrating, maybe even scary, to be around. Please keep posting here to let us know if you'd like advice, or you just want to vent. We're here to support you either way! 
  • Options
    DistractionDistraction Posts: 449 Listening Ear
    Thank you both, I feel like I have to point out that she can be a lovely person and has a big heart, our relationship has always been a bit rocky and I'm sure I get under her skin to

I have posted on here about it before and I'm sorry if I keep repeating myself, it's just when this stuff happens I get so angry, I feel like its boiling inside me and I just want to scream at her for being so unreasonable but knowing thats not the best way to go about it, I keep it in, it makes it really difficult to then see her stomping about and slamming doors and shouting about stuff that doesn't even make sense, she doesn't just get angry, she erupts and when she does I just feel like doing the same

I've really had enough, It's exhausting

I don't know what I'm looking for by writing this to be honest, I've tried a lot of things before and frankly I'm pretty much done, if she wants to be a child then let her be, thats who she is and I can't change her, further more she's not my responsibility, it's not my job to make her happy, its just hard when you love the person and want a good relationship

I'm feeling a bit deflated
  • Options
    Gemma1Gemma1 Posts: 123 The Mix Convert
    Hi @Distraction
    You don't need to apologise for posting here or repeating yourself. From what you've said, it's understandable that you're struggling with your step mum especially when her behaviour makes you so angry that you want to explode yourself. It can be upsetting when you're stuck in a uncomfortable situation which is difficult to do anything about, as you said it's not your job to make her happy, but understandably doesn't make it easier to be around.

You mentioned that you don't know what you're looking for by posting here but sometimes it can feel refreshing or calming to just vent and explain how you're feeling. We're all here for you and you deserve to be heard and supported even if you're just feeling deflated and want to talk about it.