Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

To The Community, From The Community (Re: Trolls)

ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
Hey everyone, 

A few of us have come together to create this message for the whole community, we want everyone to know that we are all together as one in this community and no one can ruin that. 

Haters have no place on The Mix, it should be a safe space for everyone to get and give support, however if we all come together, we can beat these trolls. 

The Mix community might be a place - but it is the people who make it. We all have someone’s back, knowing somebody else has ours. When we’re at our lowest, we know we have a group of fans rooting for us on the climb back up. 

The words we send one another have an impact. Beyond doubt, some of those words have saved a life. Some people might use words in a different way though; haters who know next to nothing about you, deciding they have the right to make a mockery of your struggles. 

Know that through thick and thin, we’re all here for each other, and we band together against the trolls. They will never know such a warm and supportive place as the one we’ve made here. 

If a troll has made you doubt whether you should seek support, know that we outnumber these people my far, the community will provide all the love and support in the world and we refuse to let trolls ruin this. By all coming together as one and protecting one another we can ensure everyone gets the support they need whilst @The Mix do the rest!

We're stronger together! 

What can I do if a troll affects me?
If a troll has something that has caused upset or has been triggering, there are plenty of steps you can do to. Firstly, you can report the user to The Mix by either flagging a post or by sending The Mix a PM. You can also add The Mix into any PM that you would like them to see.

But what can I do once I've done that?
  •  Reach out for support! Create a post on the boards about how you are feeling and we will all be here to support you, remember to focus on feelings rather than actions and know that how you're feeling is valid. If you prefer more 1-2-1 support, you can contact The Mix's 1-2-1 services or even have a vent to The Mix through PM!
  • Write a letter to the troll! Writing a letter to the troll explaining how their words have affected you if an excellent way to get all your feelings out. Once you have written this letter you can destroy it, get all your frustrations out! Or you can keep it as a reminder that you are stronger than they are!
  • Talk to other people who have been affected! It is likely that this troll would have affected other people as well and you may be feeling a similar way to them. Connecting over this can help valid your feelings as well as unite the community.
  • Distract yourself! It can be easy to become caught up in the words the troll has said so sometimes we just need a distraction. Stick on your favourite Netflix show, or message a friend or check out the anything goes section of the boards for some fun threads! 

Thank you @independent_@Aidan, @liam, @laine, @anch0r33, for writing this with me, we are all coming together to be there for one another! Feel free to comment below as well if you would like, we are showing people that we out number the trolls and will continue to keep this space safe for each other <3 
Alis propriis volat 

Comments

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    this is a lovely idea Zen and I'm really happy I was able to contribute to such an important post <3<3 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Late to the party but wanted to say how awesome this is. :) Nice one you guys.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    Just giving this a bump! 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • JordanJordan Moderator Posts: 343 The Mix Regular
    edited January 2021
    This is such a lovely and well thought out post. Good job to all involved in writing this! 

The Mix community might be a place - but it is the people who make it. We all have someone’s back, knowing somebody else has ours. When we’re at our lowest, we know we have a group of fans rooting for us on the climb back up. 

This is such an important thing to remember :) This community gets it's value and power of support because of the words and actions of all of you guys on the boards!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    LOVE this 💜
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend