Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Group Chat Feedback Project

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,285 Part of The Furniture
edited January 2021 in Community Announcements
You might remember from this post that we said we'd be focusing on feedback during the Winter group chat break. Well, the time has come! *raises arms with ominous thunder*

What's going to be happening?

We're doing an in-depth review of the chat feedback given to us by you. We'll be looking at the feedback we've had over the past year as well as the feedback given in this discussion.

The staff team will meet together on the week of the 11th January to talk about how we can improve Group Chat. Based on that discussion, we'll set ourselves goals for developing Group Chat.

We'll then come back to you folks to show you what we've decided, and why. :)

Keep in mind that we likely won't be able to implement all the changes we want. That will be partly due to technical capability, volunteer and staff capacity, and balancing different aims. That said, we'll do everything we can to make the changes that could most benefit Group Chat.

When can I give feedback?

Any time! But if you want to get your feedback in for this project, make sure you leave it before the week of the 11th of January. That's when the staff team will meet to discuss potential changes.

If you've left some feedback recently, don't feel you need to re-submit it because we'll be looking at old feedback as well. But if you want to share some fresh thoughts, please do!

How can I give feedback?

You can give feedback in two ways - privately/anonymously and as part of a discussion.

If you want to submit anonymous or private feedback, use this form. We've revamped it a little to add an option to give feedback about Group Chat as a whole, rather than just a specific session.

If you want to take part in the feedback discussion, we'll be posting a thread on Monday. Mods won't be participating because we don't want to influence the conversation, but we might chip in later to reflect on the themes of your feedback and clarify things to make sure we've got it right.

Questions?

Any questions, drop them below! Note that this thread isn't for posting your feedback - that will be up and ready to go on Monday, just to make sure that's nicely contained. :)

All behaviour is a need trying to be met.

Comments

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    What is question 2a of the feedback form supposed to be because it doesn't say anything but still gives you the choices.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    I have a question about question 2 - All of the statements imply they're asking about SC, would that be correct to only answer these about SC? It's not a problem for the other questions because you can spilt up your answers regarding SC or GC in two separate paragraphs :) 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,285 Part of The Furniture
    Dancer said:
    What is question 2a of the feedback form supposed to be because it doesn't say anything but still gives you the choices.

Hmmm, can you send us a screenshot @Dancer? Looks okay at my end.

Eleanor said:
    I have a question about question 2 - All of the statements imply they're asking about SC, would that be correct to only answer these about SC? It's not a problem for the other questions because you can spilt up your answers regarding SC or GC in two separate paragraphs :) 

Great question @Eleanor. In theory, even General Chat is supposed to be a supportive space in that it's welcoming, safe, and can provide some sanctuary. There is a theme of support with the questions though, so we can look at adding some points tailored to GC if that would be useful.

For now, feel free to answer in the way that fits how you use chat. If you generally attend GC more than SC, no pressure to answer the ones that don't feel relevant to your experience. :)
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    It doesn't have any description of what I am choosing the rating for on question 2a but it is fine for 2b, 2c, 2d, 2e and 2f.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    I have completed the survey 
  • AnneFrypanAnneFrypan Posts: 335 The Mix Regular
    Great form, I have completed it. :)
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,285 Part of The Furniture
    I have completed the survey 
    Great form, I have completed it. :)

Thanks so much both of you! That's super useful. :)

@Dancer aaah yes we just noticed the issue. It should be fixed now. Thanks for flagging!