Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Talking to plants

Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
Hey not sure if there is already a post like this, sorry if there is.

I know this weird but I used to talk to my cactus about what ever was on my mind. He even had a name (Simon). Sometimes it’s nice to just get things out of your head. 

I love watching plants grow. I find it fascinating how they’re small and fragile looking in the beginning  then one day you stop to look at them and hits you how much they’ve changed. Just like people. But plants have bad days too, I accidentally dropped a few months ago my cactus and he’s been leaning ever since :# . I didn’t think he’d grow anymore but he proved me wrong.  

I know this whole post is a bit weird and cheesy  but after a rough day plant’s always make me smile they give me hope.  =)

Have an awesome day. 

Does anyone else ever talk to plants? Or have a plant they keep close to their heart?

Comments

• Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    I have orchids that are really special to me, because it keeps me close to my gran (she's still alive but I don't live with her anymore). 

I used to have a Venus flytrap that I called Elliot. Don't know why but loved him lol. 

I love getting little potted plants as well <3
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Ohhh look at him go!  what a funky looking wee guy :lol:

I love my cactus plants. I talk to them when I’m giving them water or if I accidentally knock them, it only feels right to apologise :lol:
    I don’t talk to them about feelings though, I do talk to my dog. He gives me the same blank reaction I imagine the cactus would give me lol 

I have some succulents too but I’m really struggling with those guys. No matter what I do they look kinda floppy :disappointed: . They’re fine but just look kinda depressing lol

Here’s my fave. I ALWAYS accidentally knock him with my school bag and once I accidentally took like a chunk out of him, he was weeping fluid all day . Poor guy. He’s healed now though. Whadaaa trooper 💪🏻 

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Aw this is sweet! :)

We had a plant back home we bought from a car boot sale. Over time it kept multiplying and now there's basically one in every room haha 
    Had those plants since I was like 5! Always meant a lot to me, my mum used to talk to them when she was watering them or pruning them like they're were her pet or something 🤣 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    @Anch0r33 that’s really sweet. It must be a very precious orchid. And Elliot sounds like he was amazing, I’ve always wanted a Venus fly trap , they just seem so cool.

@Liam wow that’s an amazing plant. I’ve never had one that tall, I struggle enough with small ones. My dog isn’t much of a listener if he talk while he’s trying to sleep he’ll walk off 😂
    Plants ability to heal never ceases  to amaze me. But Succulents are very peculiar, I remember we brought my nan one and after a while we thought it was dead. Then one day we noticed it’d grown so tall it was falling out of its pot. 

@Laine that’s brilliant. I think there must be some sort of unspoken rule that once you take one plant into your house you’re destined to end up with many more. I think I treat them like pets too 😂