Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Positive Quote Advent Calendar

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,780 Master Poster
I know that the run up to Christmas and New year can be really difficult for many people for many different reasons. This is why I have decided to create a Positive Quote Advent Calendar. Every day I will post a spoiler with a positive quote for you to click on in the run up to each month. Feel free to pm me if you want to do a month as it can be every month and doesn't just have to be Christmas. I just think that it could be a lovely idea and add some more positive vibes on to The Mix <3
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 

Comments

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,780 Master Poster
    1st December 

Remember some things don't get better, but we do. We learn to live our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating.

"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    2nd December 

Even when the dark comes crashing through. When you need a friend to carry you.  And when you're broken on the ground. You will be found! 

3rd December 

I won't let them break me down to dust. I know that there's a place for us. For we are glorious. When the sharpest words wanna cut me down I'm gonna send a flood. Gonna drown them out. I am brave.  I am bruised. I am who I'm meant to be. This is me!

4th December 

Time is like a river. You cannot touch the same water twice because the flow that has passed will never pass again. Enjoy every moment of life.

• Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hey Kasa I just wanted to say this a really lovely thread. I look forward to reading the new quotes each day as they always make me smile  :)
    Keep up the good work, you’re amazing kasa  <3
    Thank you. Just realised that I missed out yesterday by mistake so I will do yesterday's quote and today's quote now. 
    edited December 2020
    5th December
    I'm just me. I'm not perfect, I'm me. I've made bad decisions and wrong choices, but I'm me. I've said the wrong things and I've said the right things, because I'm me. I don't like everything I've done, but I did it because I'm me. I've loved the wrong people and trusted the wrong people and I'm still me. If I had the chance to start again, I wouldn't change a thing. Why? Because I'm me. There are a lot of good things about me, you just need to look past the imperfections to see what's right.  If you can't do that then it's your loss. I'm the best I can be. I am me.
    6th December

There's a place where we don't have to feel unknown. And every time that you call out you're a little less alone. If you only say the word. From across the silence your voice is heard.