Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

hating where I’m from Idk

ems16ems16 Posts: 27 Boards Initiate
idk if I’m the only one that feels like this but I hate where I live and I don’t mean like town or anything, I wish I was born in a different country and it just gets me down sometimes, might be over reacting but still. A lot of people here are like ‘I’m proud to be scottish’ but I’m not I hate it

idk this is pointless but who cares

Comments

• Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Ah, that's a shame. I'm sorry you feel that way. It's defo not over reacting if it's something that's bothering you. Do you think there's something that makes you hate being Scottish?
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    edited December 2020
    Hey @ems16 I completely understand what you mean.  I’ve felt the same a lot in the past, I  used to dream about moving away not because of the people around me but simply because I didn’t like where I live. You’re certainly not over reacting or being silly. It can feel quite miserable and draining when you don’t like where your environment. 
    Hope you don’t mind me asking but have you always felt like this ?

Wish you all the best, hope you have a happy day  :)
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Hey. 
    That sounds like a hard feeling to shift. Especially if you can’t move. I always like to think about the thing I can’t change and see if I can find any positives about it instead and focus on that. Like being with family ect. It’s hard thing to do though. 

Hope you’re doing okay today <3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley