Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Marvel or DC

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited November 2020 in Creative Corner
[deleted post]
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Marvel or DC 13 votes

Marvel
46% 6 votes
DC
30% 4 votes
None
15% 2 votes
Other
7% 1 vote
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Marvel all the way, I watch a few DC stuff but I’m obsessed with marvel and the MCU
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • DistractionDistraction Posts: 438 Listening Ear
    Marvel!! Just love it  =)
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    You talking films or comics?

I suspect you just mean films, in which case it depends.

The Nolan Batman trology is better than anything Marvel have done, however most of the other DC stuff is poor.

DC comics > Marvel comics however.
    Weekender Offender 
  • ThatFelixGuyThatFelixGuy Posts: 242 Trailblazer
    Ok this is where my slight obsession with DC comes into play.

Marvel - whilst they have great storylines, films, and original characters, just do not feel like heroes nowadays. It feels light and watered down, and something I used to love is like goo now. It needs a LOT of work.

DC - especially in the 3rd 'DC Reborn' continuity has been consistently entertaining with relatable, and great characters. A Muslim superhero? Check. A disabled superhero? Check.

Lois Lane is now Superwoman. Damian Wayne is more fleshed out as a hero. It has a bunch of villains to use as plot. Not one character is in the background - unlike Marvel where they create characters and don't revisit for a year or two.

DC is dark and gritty, and in my opinion, 10000000000000x better.

"Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves." - Bruce Lee