Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Crush

Hi guys today I actually got the courage to ask my crush out and he rejected be and now I just feel so hurt and so sick 😭😓how can I deal with getting rejected any tips and advice? I’ve had a crush on him for ages and today I finally asked him out and I got rejected and i was so nervous to ask too💗🥺💔🖤
I’m just so upset right now ☹️
If anyone could reply that would be much appreciated ❤️🥺

Comments

• Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hey!

I'm sorry to hear this - sending huge hugs your way :heart: Also wanted to say a massive well done for plucking up the courage to ask him out. That's always a brave and tricky thing to do so, regardless of the outcome, you can feel proud of yourself for that. I sure am proud of you! :smile:

Rejection can feel truly horrible, so it's totally normal if you are feeling upset right now. Your feelings are so valid and it's totally okay if you want to sit with those feelings for a while, or talk through anything with us here. I really believe that everything happens for a reason - maybe you guys just aren't meant to be together right now for whatever reason, a reason which may not be clear right now but will come to make sense eventually. Be kind to yourself and maybe use this a time to pour that love into yourself - time for self care :heart: 

Can you think of something comforting that you could do this evening to distract yourself? :heart:
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    edited October 2020
    coc0mac said:
    Your feelings are so valid and it's totally okay if you want to sit with those feelings for a while
    100% agree with this. :)

Letting yourself feel what you feel is so important for healing. I remember this being infuriating advice in your position, but it's honestly true: time heals. Heartbreak is one of those things that (in my experience) requires you to ride through those emotions and be with your feelings as long as you need to be. It's actually comparable to grief, in a lot of ways.

Distractions are good too, if you need them, as @coc0mac said. It's good to climb out of that emotion sometimes, but also nobody's going to judge you if you want to have a duvet day/week/month!

Good on you for asking your crush out @Emoji - that takes a huge amount of courage. :) How have you been since you posted this?
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    Mike said:
    coc0mac said:
    Your feelings are so valid and it's totally okay if you want to sit with those feelings for a while
    100% agree with this. :)

Letting yourself feel what you feel is so important for healing. I remember this being infuriating advice in your position, but it's honestly true: time heals. Heartbreak is one of those things that (in my experience) requires you to ride through those emotions and be with your feelings as long as you need to be. It's actually comparable to grief, in a lot of ways.

Distractions are good too, if you need them, as @coc0mac said. It's good to climb out of that emotion sometimes, but also nobody's going to judge you if you want to have a duvet day/week/month!

Good on you for asking your crush out @Emoji - that takes a huge amount of courage. :) How have you been since you posted this?
    I’ve still been feeling rubbish 🥺
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Super super brave of you to ask them out though @Emoji246 !
  • Options
  • Options
    @Liam thx
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    That's okay. It really can take time to feel okay again, but you're doing all the right things by talking about it here :heart: Did you want to talk more about how you have been feeling? x
  • Options
    @coc0mac I’ve decided to distance myself from him 😭💔🥀 even tho his in my class