Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What should we do for our anti-bullying week campaign?

JonAddoJonAddo Deactivated Posts: 19 Settling in
edited October 2020 in We Need You

This year Anti-Bullying Week takes place from Monday 16th - Friday 20th, November. The Mix are running a campaign during this week with the goal of profiling bullying through young people’s voices and to provide support to young people who have experience with bullying. We’d like to shape our content (especially our video content) around your thoughts and direction.

Our question to you is:

What messages do you think The Mix should be putting out about bullying?

Also, if you have any specific ideas you’d like to put forward for the video, let us know!

Comments

• Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    I think the biggest thing about bullying is knowing that it's not your fault - when I was bullied I always blamed myself and looked for faults within myself. I always wondered what I did to deserve being bullied. 

I also believe it's important to get support for bullies. Often they're going through something difficult and take their emotions or feelings of self worth out on others to make them feel better about themselves. Obviously it's bully week but bullies may be ashamed of their actions but find it difficult to stop. In helping bullies stop bullying bully victims won't be a thing. 

I think another important message is that it's okay to speak up - a lot of people are in fear of what their bullies will do if they tell someone. It needs to be in place that bullying is taken seriously and every complaint is validated. 

I'm not sure what else really but just knowing that someone has a place to go is a good start 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    That sounds like a great idea. This campaign is an amazing idea and it is personal to a lot of people so could get a large audience!
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous