Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Overthinking

molmol Posts: 47 Boards Initiate
I can’t stop thinking about everything and it’s causing me anxiety. I’m 19 nearly 20 and can’t stop thinking about what I was like in school and what if everyone still judges me or thinks I’m still like I was from back then. I get almost like flashbacks, I think about the intimate flings with people I had a couple of years ago and feel embarrassed and anxious. I think about an ex that treated me like shit and it causes panic attacks. I think about all the things I’ve done to embarrass myself, I think about all the dumb shit I’ve said and thought about what people must’ve thought about me at the time. Even though I was still a teenager and I’m still figuring out who I am, I know I’m not the same as I was in school or even a year ago but it’s always what if. I think up scenarios in my head and get anxious when certain people are in it. I don’t know how to stop it :( i can sit and do coursework, watch tv, listen to music but it never goes away :( 

Comments

• Options
    JamJarJamJar Posts: 274 The Mix Regular
    Hello again @mol

Sorry to hear how much you've been thinking and overthinking things. When our minds can't switch off it can cause us a lot of stress and anxiety.

Have you been exercising or going for walks much recently? Forcing ourselves to do something with our bodies can distract our minds and give us a little break sometimes 💛
  • Options
    molmol Posts: 47 Boards Initiate
    I don’t really go for walks, on my own I feel awkward and I don’t have anyone to go with💜
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 90 Budding Regular
    The user and all related content has been deleted.