Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Support Circle (Tuesday 15th September, 7:55pm - 9:30pm)

ConnorConnor Deactivated Posts: 508 Incredible Poster
Hey hey!

The next support circle will be held on 15th September! Starting from 7:55pm to 9:30pm.

Support Circle follows the same basic structure as a Support Chat - opening round, support time, and closing round. The unique thing about Support Circle is that everyone gets their own time to chat and be heard by the group, and have their chance to listen and support others. It's sign-up based so the group is relatively small, and you can sign-up to get support or to support others.

It's a great space for people who find it difficult to get their voices heard in regular support chat and/or are keen to listen and support others in a more structured environment. We have places for people who want to come and get support or attend as listeners

Try your best to stay for the whole session if you sign up to come. That just makes sure nobody feels left out at the end when other people have left and it's their turn to share. Similarly, it's important to stick to Support Circle if you do sign up and not go into other rooms.

Both of these things help make sure everyone feels equally listened to in the group. :)

You can sign-up using this form, and give us any feedback you have here.

Comments

• ConnorConnor Deactivated Posts: 508 Incredible Poster
    Two support places available!
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I replied to the PM
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Hi, 

Apologies but we've had to cancel Support Circle tonight, however SC and GC are still on. :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Ah ok. Thanks. Did wonder as never got a reply
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    edited September 2020
    Stephanie said:
    Hi, 

Apologies but we've had to cancel Support Circle tonight, however SC and GC are still on. :heart:

Thanks for letting everyone know @Stephanie! It's a big help when these things happen without much notice. Apologies to everyone who was due to come to this session, especially if you got to the room at 8pm and were a bit confused as to why it wasn't open. :flushed:

We've said this in PMs, but just a heads up that people on the list for the 15th will have priority for the 22nd if you'd like to come to that one. If you sign up for the 22nd but you weren't on the list for the 15th, do be mindful that we might be a bit tighter on places for this reason. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.