Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Healthy eating. May trigger

SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
edited July 2020 in Health & Wellbeing
So healthy eating is super important. I personally don’t eat that much but when I do it is things with high in sugar. Which is really bad for my energy levels and too much sugar can be bad on dental health and those two are the most reason I’m trying to eat less sugar. I will be trying to post what I eat Nearly everyday so please don’t read if that triggers you. But my aim to not to focus on any amounts of things at the moment but to just eat 3 meals and maybe snacks. And once I start getting the hang of actually eating three meals I’m going to start counting my sugar intake and compare it with normal. I won’t post the numbers just saying.  But I won’t count be counting calories as I just Personally think every body is different and that can be obsessive. But yeah just think I’m will start counting sugars later on. Because I have pretended to go about my day as normal than count the sugars after and it was way over the recommended and I wonder why I’m so tired. 

Also does anyone know any healthy snacks that aren’t that expensive? 
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    So it’s only 3pm atm.  It I have eaten porridge for breakfast and toast and grapes for lunch. I don’t know what my dad is making for dinner yet but yeah. I won’t be eating anything other than dinner for the rest of the day. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    I just had some salmon, potatoes and Mediterranean veg for dinner 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey Shaunie, Good idea to start sharing your eating journey. For healthy snacks, I like rice cakes, they’re quite cheap from the supermarket. Also these things called Bear Yo-yos which are just baked fruit but are really nice. They have natural sugar being fruit but still healthy. Think they’re meant to be for kids but I like them anyway haha. 
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Han93Han93 Posts: 309 The Mix Regular
    Hey @Shaunie

My fave healthy snack to eat is hummus - I usually chop up a pepper or a cucumber in to sticks and dip it in. I find it really tasty and also pretty filling. 
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @Shaunie

I made some breakfast bars which I find to be a really yummy snack. I have such a sweet tooth so I really wanted something that would satisfy my sugar cravings without being overly bad for me, and these work a treat. They're also great for energy levels. For me, I make them as a small tray so then I can cut them into pieces so I use 100g oats, 2 bananas (mashed), cinnamon, water and I like to add coconut but that's optional. Just mix them altogether and then bake for around 20 minutes at 180 degrees - so yummy. 

I also like rice cakes with jam and then some berries on the side, that's filling and yummy. 

• DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    What I like to do when making chilli or bolognese is to grate extra veg in, so we put pepper, onions, mushrooms in it and then you can grate courgette or carrots in, it helps to bulk it out and adds extra veg to it 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
    Ah thank you all! That interesting 

Been restricting so didn’t post. Tomorrow will try again lol
    edited July 2020
    I’ve had toast and grapes so far today. 
    Grapes are my snacks and thing to eat when want to binge. Cause sometime I don’t thing I’m craving sugar stuff. I think I just want to move my mouth cause my jaw hurts. Plus grapes are quite cheap. Only £1 from local shops 
    edited August 2020
    [deleted post]
    Post edited by JustV on
    So I know my first post I said I’m trying to eat less sugar. I still am but yeah maybe that’s why I’m tired as still eating sugar lol. But I read that you can feel tired at the start. So I drink a lot of smoothies as I think they have natural sugars only. Does it have the same affect ?
    edited September 2020
    Shaunie said:
    So healthy eating is super important. I personally don’t eat that much but when I do it is things with high in sugar. Which is really bad for my energy levels and too much sugar can be bad on dental health and those two are the most reason I’m trying to eat less sugar. I will be trying to post what I eat Nearly everyday so please don’t read if that triggers you. But my aim to not to focus on any amounts of things at the moment but to just eat 3 meals and maybe snacks. And once I start getting the hang of actually eating three meals I’m going to start counting my sugar intake and compare it with normal. I won’t post the numbers just saying.  But I won’t count be counting calories as I just Personally think every body is different and that can be obsessive. But yeah just think I’m will start counting sugars later on. Because I have pretended to go about my day as normal than count the sugars after and it was way over the recommended and I wonder why I’m so tired. 

Also does anyone know any healthy snacks that aren’t that expensive? 
    Okay lol. I’m starting this again. On the 20th. Because that’s a few days after my birthday so I will eat what want until then.  I will be counting sugars Because I’m super tired all the time and it’s just something I’ve been getting more conscious off. I’m also super conscious knowing the more sugar you eat the more bacteria in your mouth and yeah if know then I’m self conscious about my mouth. 

I obviously will not be mentioning any foods if I’m talking about nutrients and stuff like sugar.  

I just wanted to post so it’s in my mind that bit more

and will say how I am doing eating wise. If it’s good. Obviously not if disorted. Actually trying to be healthy. Despite my mind wanting to go back to disorted eating. I just want to be a bit more conscious of calories and specifically sugars. I will read it all for about a week. Then just keep trying to predict it in my head if eating okay. Which yeah isn’t disorted eating. I just want more energy. But am aware that I do eat a lot of sugar right now I may get super more tired before get better. I will post again after 20th. I’ve also told my family that I am going to eat healthy. They kinda panicked but I said it’s because I’m over sleeping. Which is true.  But yeah 

i will try to not make disorder eating anyway
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    There's alaways an adjustment period when you switch from what you usually do. With sugar the initial tiredness subsides after a while, I deffo recommend some complex carbs to get a slower release of sugars so you don't feel a sugar crash. I also recomd switching to unrefined (brown) sugar or natural sweaters like honey ect 😉I've grown grown out of my sweet tooth but I do like the odd biscuit with a cup of tea or chocolate raisin.

Good in you for wanting to eat balanced, turt me you will feel so much better mentally as wly as physically which should contribute to an improved mental health ☺️