Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Crying

pandalover200pandalover200 Deactivated Posts: 349 The Mix Regular
Just heard back from interview yesterday didn’t get it so now I am crying my eyes out feeling low mood and fed up struggling 

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    edited September 2020
    Sorry what was the interview for?
    Post edited by TheMix on
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    Sorry to hear that
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    JamJarJamJar Posts: 274 The Mix Regular
    Hey @pandalover200, really sorry to hear it wasn't the result you wanted.

All interviews are good experience for the future though. We are all going to be working for such a long proportion of our lives that no matter what job we start off in we are almost certainly going to have to go through a lot of interviews later in life when we change jobs... :)

Are there any lessons you can extract from the interview about things you did well and things you can work on? 
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    Admin assistant at a small company 
  • Options
    JamJar said:
    Hey @pandalover200, really sorry to hear it wasn't the result you wanted.

All interviews are good experience for the future though. We are all going to be working for such a long proportion of our lives that no matter what job we start off in we are almost certainly going to have to go through a lot of interviews later in life when we change jobs... :)

Are there any lessons you can extract from the interview about things you did well and things you can work on? 
    Yep they just said need to work on my communication skills which I am trying 
  • Options
    Aidan said:
    Hey @pandalover200 do try to not take interview rejections personally especially at your age, it's good that you're eager but maybe try things like a paper route or volunteering while you're in school :)
    Ok good idea I will look at paper route /volunteering 
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    Oh yeah. Can’t imagine 13 year old doing that. Probs why didn’t get the job
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    GreenTea said:
    Oh yeah. Can’t imagine 13 year old doing that. Probs why didn’t get the job
    Yes I think so so going to look at volunteering or paper round 
  • Options
    Did they not say about your age then? They normally give feed back on why sometimes
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Shaunie said:
    Did they not say about your age then? They normally give feed back on why sometimes
    They  did mention it and  said look at volunteering as it’s also my communication  skills 
  • Options
    You have to be 14 to do a paper rou
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Think that depends on the shops insurance @GreenTea I’m 13 and have a paper round 
  • Options
    Thought by Law it was 14..
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    edited September 2020
    I had a paper round when I was 13, might of changed now but still worth checking with distributors or newsagents 

Volunteering is also a good idea, is there anywhere you can volunteer in your school. I know when I was that age we used to be allowed to volunteer in the library at lunchtime. 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Yeah it’s 13
  • Options
    Oh. Sorry..I read and was told you had to be 14
  • Options
    Dandelion said:
    I had a paper round when I was 13, might of changed now but still worth checking with distributors or newsagents 

Volunteering is also a good idea, is there anywhere you can volunteer in your school. I know when I was that age we used to be allowed to volunteer in the library at lunchtime. 
    Ok thanks will have a look into  paper round and volunteering at school 
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,618 Legendary Poster
    I also thought you had to be 14 to get any sort of part time job and 16 for full time - maybe it depends where you live? 

Volunteering is a good shout @pandalover200, a lot of places will take on volunteers from a younger age than actual staff. 

What sort of thing would you perhaps like to volunteer doing?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    I also thought you had to be 14 to get any sort of part time job and 16 for full time - maybe it depends where you live? 

Volunteering is a good shout @pandalover200, a lot of places will take on volunteers from a younger age than actual staff. 

What sort of thing would you perhaps like to volunteer doing?
    Admin or with animals 

• Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Some animal shelters and things allow you to volunteer and walk the dogs etc that's worth a look or you can offer to walk the local neighborhood dogs :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    Laine said:
    Some animal shelters and things allow you to volunteer and walk the dogs etc that's worth a look or you can offer to walk the local neighborhood dogs :)
    Will have a look thanks 
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,618 Legendary Poster
    My sister did a bit of volunteering at our local stables at that age. Worth asking round the places near you 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    My sister did a bit of volunteering at our local stables at that age. Worth asking round the places near you 
    Yes will do