Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Past bullying memories

jackyjacky Posts: 2 Newbie
Hello everyone, kinda nervous about this, but has anyone been through bullying in their life, I personally went through The physical side of it 
and it’s effected be physically and mentally for years now  

Comments

• Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,798 Master Poster
    Hi Jacky,

You are not alone with how you are feeling about the effects of being bullied. There are a lot of victims of bullying on and off The Mix including me. I have been through physical, verbal and cyberbullying before and it has had an impact on me mentally like it has for you.

Bullying is a really hard situation to have to deal with especially if it has gone on for a significant amount of time but we will always be here for you if you want to speak more about it. <3

Sending hugs. You are an amazing person who certainly does not deserve to be bullied. Nobody deserves it. There are no excuses for bullying that are valid or acceptable.

Here are some helplines that I believe could be helpful for you with how you are feeling about the bullying:

themix.org.uk is the main website for The Mix
    1-2-1 chat open every day from 4pm to 11pm
    Telephone helpline (0808 808 4994)
    Webchat Counselling
    Telephone Counselling
    Articles about how to cope with many different issues
    Group chats every night from 8pm to 9:30pm (including an Under 16's chat every other Saturday from 6pm to 7:30pm)
    There is also a YouTube channel, Instagram page and Facebook page for The Mix
    If you feel in a crisis there is also a free 24/7 Crisis Messenger.
    There is also Childline which is available for anyone up to their 19th birthday (I don't know how old you are but I have included this anyway in case it is relevant to you.) www.childline.org.uk or phone 0800 1111 for free.

"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    Hi there @jacky

Welcome to the boards :3 I know it's a little nerve-wracking to open up like this but well done for reaching out for support here! 

@Kasa2103 is spot on; you're not alone in this. I myself experienced bullying throughout secondary school, over a whole host of things that I still don't understand to this day. The most important thing to remember is that what you experienced is in no way your fault. Bullies themselves often have low self esteem and choose to deliberately hurt others in order to feel better about themselves, not because you have done anything to provoke them. Bullying is never justified. 

It can take a long time to come to terms with the actions, thoughts and feelings bullying brings to the surface but it's absolutely doable. Kasa has provided some excellent resources for you to take a look at but I'd like to add some others:

This article on the Bullying UK website is all about overcoming bullying. If you'd like to read some personal accounts of bullying and how others how dealt with it's impact, Young Minds has some stories at the bottom of this page. Since you mentioned some lasting physical and mental impact, you may also find this article helpful in terms of next steps if you want to seek further support, from your GP, if you haven't already. 

Please keep posting in this thread to keep us updated on your journey, we're all here to support you <3