Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Self destructive

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,962 Community Veteran
My mum's working and I normally have a long object, instead of self harming proper way. I don't want to do it coz poo might be on it n she might notice, wat do I do
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    It sounds like you’re having a tough day, I’m sorry to hear that. Do you have any techniques which you use to distract yourself when you’re thinking about self harming? 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Wat else could I do without goin to bed. I don't know any techniques
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Gemma1Gemma1 Posts: 123 The Mix Convert
    Hi @ellie2000
    It sounds like you're having a difficult time today, it can be hard when you don't know anything that could help distract you when you feel this way. Sometimes it help to start small, I'm wondering if you like drawing, journalling or listening to music? 
  • Options
    I play games, wen I'm near my keyboard I play that. I don't do writing anymore 😔 
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    I dna wat game to play now coz they been refunded coz I spent alot
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    JamJarJamJar Posts: 274 The Mix Regular
    Heyyya @ellie2000, what about reading a book or watching a TV show? Normal People on the BBC is proper good :) 
  • Options
    'The A word' was a gd one 😀 on iPlayer
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Hope youre feeling okay today and coping. The A word  is a good programme
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 228 Trailblazer
    Hi @ellie2000 I thought I would check in and see how you are feeling today? 

It's great to hear that you managed to distract yourself from wanting to self-harm, you should be very proud :)

The National Self Harm Network has a document that lists a variety of alternatives to self harm that you may find helpful in the future: http://www.nshn.co.uk/downloads/Distractions.pdf 
  • Options
    Han93Han93 Posts: 309 The Mix Regular
    There's a great A-Z of distractions on here too: https://www.themix.org.uk/mental-health/self-harm/self-harm-coping-tips-and-distractions-5696.html

Sending you hugs @ellie2000
    Keep chatting to us if it's helpful :)
  • Options
    I had a gd day today 😊. I slept, played games Eve though I'm bored of them now, I talked to my therapist. I hope we're in lockdown longer, but I do want to go abroad
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Hey Ellie! Its positive to hear that you had a good day the other day, how has today been for you?

Playing games, talking to your therapist and sleeping seem really beneficial also!

You mentioned that you hope we are in lock down for longer do you want to talk more about why that is?  <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @ellie2000

I am pleased to hear you had a good day the other day :heart: 

I can relate with wanting to go abroad haha - lots of fun! Perhaps you could research some nice places you would like to go to keep you busy. There are some great videos of people's travels on YouTube. Here's a fun question - if you could go anywhere on holiday/vacation, where would you go? :smile:
  • Options
    Krakow n Sweden
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Wen ur dead don't u think anymore or do u pick a new body somewhere to b in. I want to b in lockdown longer because I wouldn't get bullied in my home town. Why do ppl bully?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Wen ur dead don't u think anymore or do u pick a new place and a new body to harbour
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Hey Ellie, 

Just wanted to check in to see how you are doing? :heart:

Sounds like you are going through a difficult time at the minute, we are here for you and care about you :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    I thought of self harming but with this pandemic, I'm scared of using other people's stuff
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Krakow and Sweden sound lovely! 

How have you been distracting yourself from these thoughts of self harm @ellie2000? :heart:
  • Options
    Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Hey there @ellie2000 sorry to hear that you have been having thoughts of self harm , you have done really well to reach out for support.  <3 

Similar to what @coc0mac said has there been anything that has been able to distract you from the thoughts? 

Here at The Mix we have an article on distraction techniques that may be worth a read!  :)
  • Options
    I thought of self harming but with this pandemic, I'm scared of using household equipment. 
    To distract myself I have cats and puzzle games on playstation
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    They sound like some lovely and positive distractions @ellie2000! Remember we are always here to chat about anything if you need a distraction too - maybe even if you had a little scroll through the 'anything goes' forum for some light hearted fun :smile::heart: