Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

little help, please

joyajoya Posts: 220 Trailblazer
Heya! It's been a long time since I came here ... I missed you guys! ^^

the last time i posted, i talked about my supposed diagnosis and how to deal with it; I was a BPD suspect and I wasn't taking it very well, I didn't know how to handle it. But now I've been able to absorb everything I've learned, so I can better understand that there was no better diagnosis to describe my condition. I am BPD.

Now that I know this and understand that I need to deal with it, I need to talk to my parents about it.

Do you have any tips on how to talk to our caregivers about diagnosis or mental health? They know I have depression (this was my last diagnosis two years ago), but they don't know about BPD.

Today I will talk to them and I would like some tips ^^ if anyone knows about a website or video, it will be very useful for me!

I hope you are all well, thank you !!!
everything always goes ^^

Comments

• Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Heya

The website called Mind has really good resources, especially when it comes to explaining mental health.

Salix
  • joyajoya Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    @Salix_alba_2019I'll check it out, thank you! :)
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hello! It's lovely to have you back on the boards :heart:

I am pleased to hear you have found a diagnosis that makes sense to you, and that you are going to talk to your caregivers about. You really are showing a lot of strength, well done :smile:

Childline has a really helpful article here about talking to adults. It shares some tips for talking about mental health, asking for support, and provides some other useful links. Perhaps this would be helpful.  

It would be great to hear how you get on! :heart:
  • EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    I wrote my parents a letter instead of talking to them face to face, I wasn’t living with them at the time and it was just easier than calling :) maybe not the best way but it was the least stressful for me at the time 

also, that blurred Victor icon made me smile  :3 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
    @Salix_alba_2019 hey! i've talk to my parents and the link you've send me helped me a lot! it was everything ok, also ^^
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    joya said:
    @Salix_alba_2019 hey! i've talk to my parents and the link you've send me helped me a lot! it was everything ok, also ^^
    Awww that's fantastic!

I'm so happy for you and well done for talking to your parents@joya 
    @coc0mac hi!! im sorry for taking so long to answer :( i talked to my parents about the bpd and the talk occurred very well; my sister (that always support me) helped me a lot with the conversation. They where very supportive and lovely, as the same you was ^^ thank you so much!!!
    @Eyepatch victor its always making me smile when im looking to this icon too!!

thank you!!!!! sz sz
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    no problem at all! I am so pleased to hear that the conversation went well. you should be super proud of yourself, and I am glad you have support around you :smile: take good care, and thank you for the positive update :heart: