Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Gaming and well-being

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,963 Community Veteran
I felt my mind flickering pictures of the past, wat do u play or distract ur urself, any ideas? does a shower help, I haven't in four days,  coz I sometimes panic b4 washing and jump out, coZ flashbacks of a intruder r_p_ng still replays in my mind. It's nearly the 21st... Fml
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    I always shower when having bad thoughts. I think the idea of washing them away helps. Have you tried listening to a happy music play list whilst showering ? That might stop your mind thinking about the bad things. There are some good playlists on spotify 
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Hope you are ok Ellie!
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    When I was on constant obs and was struggling with flashbacks I used to shower in a bikini, not ideal but it helped, I didn't feel as exposed...

as for games to distract, I find hidden object games good, cause they need your full concentration :)<3

hope you're okay and we're always here if you need a chat!

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Which site r hidden object games.
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Every day recently seems I'm being chased by something 😞☹️😫
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    there's LOADS on the app store, my fav is seekers notes :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Hey @ellie2000 It sounds like you are/have been experiencing some tough feelings, do you want to talk more about these? You mentioned feeling like you are being chased by something which sounds like a horrible thing to be going through would you like to expand more on those feelings?.  <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Through my life, ppl hav been puting weight on shoulders, and two of the big one r still here coz they weren't resolved or I didn't get told tht stuff has passed. On the days I know tht stuff happened I go in breakdown mode, I want time back where things weren't sh*t
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Life seems like a long day atm 😫☹️
    Crazy mad insane