Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

opening up

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
I was in a gathering with my friends I told them I was made to do certain activities wen I was younger. should I tell my family, as they worry about me already and how? wat would you do?
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Tee ATee A Posts: 123 The Mix Convert
    Hi @ellie2000

Thank you for feeling comfortable enough to share your personal story with The Mix. 

From what you have said, it appears as though the topics you have brought up are quite sensitive.
    I hope you are feeling okay? I hope you have someone you can confide in?

I'd suggest talking to your friends and family further, only if you felt this was the best way forward. 
    If I were in your position, I would probably ask my friends for their advice (as you have already told them) and see which decision they thought was best. I would then consider which options would best help me in this situation.

I hope you make a decision you are happy with. 
    Feel free to message me directly, if you like. 

-Tee A :3
  • chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    Hey @ellie2000

Well done for being so brave and opening up about this. I can imagine that telling your friends about what happened to you was daunting - how do you feel now that you've told them? 

It sounds like your parents are already concerned about you, and could be ready to hear about what's happened from you. @Tee A is spot on. If you're comfortable with it, talking to your parents could be the next step forward. It's entirely up to you how much or how little you share with them. 

In the meantime, you can always talk to someone anonymously to get a better idea of how to approach telling the people around you when you're ready. You can contact Childline on 0800 1111, or find other means of support (1-2-1 chat etc.) here

I hope you're doing okay, Ellie <3
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
    H8 this world, ii don't feel I can confide in anyone. Ppl make me feel I messed up. I got rpd in my sleep
    Crazy mad insane
    I don't value life
    Crazy mad insane
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hi @ellie2000 I’m really sorry to hear you are struggling and not valuing life. Is it helping to talk to us here? We care about you and want to listen 💜
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
    tlkn on here makes me feel good, after sexual assault u don't nno who to turn to. I stopped liking my town i just hide in playstation games. I got Spanish homework n I hav to tlk about where I live, should i tell the truth
    Crazy mad insane
  • JordanJordan Moderator Posts: 343 The Mix Regular
    Sorry to hear you are struggling @ellie2000, it sounds like you don't feel like you can confide in people. Sometimes talking to people we know well can be really difficult, especially when it is about something personal. I'm really glad talking to people here makes you feel better :) 

About your Spanish homework, I'm not sure since I don't know what it is you have to do.  You could always talk about where you live but avoid mentioning anything specific? For example, you could describe the way your house is rather than an address or location.  
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    I do elementary 1, but I used google translate to say how I feel and wat I think. she said write wat u think. I wroteabout how the town treated me n stuff. is tht alright or have I missed the point as I always do
    Crazy mad insane
  • JordanJordan Moderator Posts: 343 The Mix Regular
    I'm not sure about your Spanish homework @ellie2000. If you are unsure you could always send your teacher an email or speak to them next time you see them? 
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.