Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Self care January

BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
edited January 2023 in General Chat

Day 1 - write 3 positive things about you

Day 2 - do a face mask

Day 3 - go for a walk

Day 4 - something you're thankful for 

Day 5 - take a nap 

Day 6 - eaten 3 meals today? 

Day 7 - do you're favourite activity 

Day 8 - Read 10 pages out of your fav book 

Day 9 - do something you love 

Day 10 - treat yourself 

Day 11 - stay hydrated 

Day 12 - smile at everyone you see today 

Day 13 - put your phone down for an hour

Day 14 - write a bucket list 

Day 15 - go outside

Day 16 - meditate 

Day 17 - look in the mirror and repeat positive affirmations 

Day 18 - wrote a done list, not a to do list

Day 19 - have an early night 

Day 20 - do something you've been putting off

Day 21 - forgive yourself 

Day 22 - don't apologise for more than you should

Day 23 - go somewhere peaceful 

Day 24 - wear comfy clothes 

Day 25 - cut toxic people out

Day 26 - do something for you 

Day 26 - watch the sunrise 

Day 28 - Go somewhere safe, alone, and force yourself to laugh out loud

Day 29 - write a letter to your younger self 

Day 30 - do a puzzle 

Day 31 - list the things your proud of this month

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    I dont do too bad looking after teddy. 
    I still go to work at weekends eventho is horrible
     im trying to do this self care thing if writing three positives lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    I like how caring and supportive I am
    I like how I'm always willing to prove my team wrong, I will NOT be labelled as treatment resistant 
    I like my hair 🤷‍♀️😂
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Face mask on ✔️
    Haven't been for a walk cause the wind is crazy! But still managed my 10,000 steps at work 🤷‍♀️ (hope it's okay to post that, 10,000 is the daily recommend steps so i think it's okay?) 
    I'm thankful for my team, well the team I have now 😂 they listen to me and ask for my input in my treatment instead of just deciding things for me 😁 and my psychiatrist for not sectioning me when looking back he probably should of 😂 but he knows from talking to me that psychiatric hospitals don't help me, and often just make things worse😊
    My fav activity - dying my hair 😂
    Fav activity is playing with teddy <3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Not a reading book, but currently this workbook is my favourite 😊 doing 5 pages now then 5 before bed tonight 😊

Doing Something I love, looking through my photo albums at all the good times had and new places seen 😊

• chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    Day 10 - bought myself a new dress and a Yankee candle (Sea Air, it smells sooooo good)
    Stayying hydrated is one of my new years resolutions!
    Aidan said:
    Today was hard cos I have a proper resting ***** face 😂 but I think I managed to even if I looked like this 

Don't worry I looked the same 😂
    After the day I've had, an early night is needed! 😥