Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Anxiety with everything.

Ria200330Ria200330 Posts: 5 Confirmed not a robot

Hi, I'm 16 and currently studying in sixth form which means I currently have four subjects to deal with. However, since the start of the school year I've realised a major increase in my anxiety levels and it's becoming painful at this point.

I'm required to participate in group presentations which are horrible because the whole time I'm speaking I don't even know what I'm saying, I'm just panicking and all I can feel is my heart beating uncomfortably fast and then I always get light-headed. 

Answering questions in lessons isn't so bad when I'm confident in my answers which is usually the case in 3 out of the 4 subjects but the fourth lessons is breaking me at this point. I'm scared to go to lessons cause I feel like I know nothing compared to the other students, I'm petrified of the concept that my teacher will pick on me and people will stare and now that one of my teachers has been changed I'm even more uncomfortable going to lesson. Don't get me wrong the teacher is great she taught me for two years before this but I'm genuinely terrified of her; in the lesson today she was being so nice but I was in such a bad place, I was nearly breaking down in the lesson, breathing so fast it was obvious I was about to have a panic attack. I calmed myself with a teddy bear I keep on my pencil case but I just can't imagine doing that every single lesson I have with her.

I asked my mom if she'd be okay with my dropping this lesson and she said I can drop if I promise to get A's on at least 2 out of 3 exams and a B in the other. I don't know what to do and I'm actually really really scared, I don't want to go into school and it constantly feels like I'm moments away from bursting into tears.

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Hey, have you spoken to anyone at school about this or even your gp? 6th form is hard so it's expected your anxiety levels will increase, but if you're finding it's at a point you can cope with it may be worth a visit to your gp 😊 have you tried any techniques before? Like breathing exercises or my personal favourite is popping candy, it's helps me focus on all my senses at once so it grounds me 😊💖
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Heyy like bubbles said - seeing gp may be good. Its really great youve choose to reach out to hear too <3 & its good you used your bear as a way to calm down. 

Your mental health is important and comes first. I guess its okay to ask you mum for advice. But Its completly your choice & your future to know what's best. What do you think is best?

It sounds exchasting so hope you're talking care of your self and doing things you like to do in your spare time x
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley