Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What are you proud of this year

Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
edited December 2019 in Positivity Corner
Hey Guys,

I thought since we're coming to the end of the year, we could share some of the things we’re proud of ourselves for doing.

This could be something small as I started to Spend time with my family or something as big as you started leaving the house alone.

Whatever they are I thought it would be nice to help you reflect and celebrate together and if you struggling to think of one I have one for you; 

I’m proud that you're all still here and fighting 

I’ll start I’m proud that I’ve started to improve my confidence with talking to people 
Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
Post edited by Millie2787 on

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Doing my peer support worker training <3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    I'm proud I'm finally committing to recovery and it seems to be going okay 😊 also proud of everything I've overcome, I'm managing my anxiety, I travelled to London, I'm eating and maintaining at a higher weight than my goal but it's my natural set point so it's still healthy for me! Proud I'm finally speaking out instead of bottling things up, proud I still have a job 😂 and finally proud that I have the motivation to do things, like go out with friends, play with my nephew and be around family 😊💖
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Love this thread!

I'm proud of myself for re-discovering my affectionate/social side and connecting with new people. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    @Shaunie that was a really big achievement for you and I’m definitely proud of you for getting that qualification especially with the highest grade you could get ! 

@BubblesGoesBoo That really good about committing recovery where all here right cheer you on and also well done with travelling to London I know how scary and busy that can be ! :) 

@Mike awww mike that’s such a sweet thing to be proud off and amazing to be connecting with new people I know that’s not always easy <3
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.