Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Tired

SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
im so tired all the time. I think physically and mentally and i feel if i leave alone i could literally sleep none stop. I had blood tests but ive taken my iron and foliatic acid pills so i doubt theres anything wrong so i dont understand. I just feel so fed up.

counselling mades me tired as well. I don’t know if counselling can be what makes you tired lol? Just a lot to process. Is with rape crisis. & She called it kidnap and i don’t know just dont really think of those words for it & then with those words it does sound like it wasnt my fault
But said its probably not impossible to just not wee for 3 days. But she said thinks its impossible. But i havent said the words like wee at all in counselling but said if i do ever say out loud that can take away the power of the assocations of it being disgusting. 

Yesterday we talked about drinking more water, i dont drink that much and i have tried drinking more but still tired. 
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley

Comments

• RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey @Shaunie I know from experience how awful it can be to be feeling tired all the time so it's understandable what you're going through. Even if there's nothing physically that's making you feel tired there are a lot of different reasons why you might be feeling like that so try not to get too frustrated.

It might sound strange but things that can be emotionally draining, like going to counselling like you mentioned, can still make you feel physically tired or worn out. Try not to push yourself too hard on days when you're having to do a lot of things that might be emotionally draining. Another thing that can affect how tired you're feeling is just doing too much without realising it, which is a lot easier to do than it sounds.

Trying to drink more water is a good goal, it might not help you feel less tired but it's just good for your health overall so do your best to keep up with it. How has your counselling been going otherwise? It sounds like you're doing really well and I hope you keep it going, remember that we're all rooting for you here! :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited December 2019
    Thank you counselling is going well otherwise
    but ive literally spent all day in bed and im still in bed and just keep sleeping then waking up & dont think that its because i sleep too much either cause i try to wake up at normalish time and go out but im so tired when out and come back just to sleep. Im so tired still and ive slept enough and i just want to go back to sleep but i cant really cause my family will think ive overdose if i over sleep too much. I really hope something shows up on my blood tests. Maybe i have diabetes or something. But i dont think that would show. Tho i have only been this extremly tired since counselling i think. Ive been googling like energy pills but all that comes up is multi vitatims which i am taking aswell. I want to go out today but i just kept setting alarms in case i fal back to sleep ajd i did. And everytime my alarm when off i just stayed awake for a bit then went back to sleep. My whole feels tired like my legs, my eyes and i just feel weak. If dont hear from my gp about bloods by tuesday ill ring them
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey Shaunie,

Just wanted to pop on to see how you are doing?

Feeling tired all the time sounds very difficult, hopefullly when you get your blood test results you'll know a bit more about if anything is going on. 

Keep us posted on how you're doing, we are here for you :heart::smile:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @Shaunie

Also wanted to check up on how you are doing and just to share some hugs!  

Feeling tired all the time can be caused by lots of different things, so you did the right thing by getting some blood tests. Hopefully those results can give you a helpful direction, and if not perhaps you could have another chat with your GP about what else it could be. 

Good luck, it would be really good to hear how you get on. :heart:
    Thank yous

my blood tests have shown im a bit anemic but not sure if will need meds or not or even see the doctor cause i dont think that low. Idek how im anemic causw i barely have periods and ive been taking iron pills sooo. I know it can be from lack of eating but still i take supplements. Maybe im bleeding somewhere internally. 

Can self harm cause anemia ?
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hi Shaunie, that might start to explain some of the tiredness then? Can you get a follow up appointment with your GP so they can explain to you why and what next steps could be - I’m assuming as you said you weren’t sure what happens next, they told you over the phone?

I know anemia is pretty common and not always clear what the reason is so best to speak to your GP really. My blood tests occasionally show mild anemia and I don’t have periods either, and eat well, they said to me some people are just more prone to it than others. 

- Lucy 
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
    edited December 2019
    Na it wasnt over the phone. I saw i think a nurse and it was a review of anti depressants and she said she can see that my blood tests have came back and i should of got a text to make appt with the doctor but didnt get a text. So told me to make appt
    i  have it on monday. Dont really want to go cause im gunna be pissed off if i have to pay £9 for meds

but thank you
    edited December 2019
    For once i actually cant sleep. But i have like slept few hours through out the day

have counselling tomorrow tho
    I feel better after counselling 
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey @Shaunie I'm glad to hear that you were feeling better after your counselling yesterday, I know you've posted about it a lot so it's great that it seems to be helping you :). Hopefully your doctor's appointment on Monday goes OK and it manages to help you stop feeling so tired. Have you got anything planned for the weekend?
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    I feel sooo bad
    edited December 2019
    Having to take load of vitimums cause im not eating enough. Got some on presiprtion and some written down on things i could get OTCcsuse aint that low for presption. 
    May explain why im so tired. 

Asked about eating disorder serivice. I said no & was really blunt about that
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey Shaunie, sorry to hear you're feeling bad after your appointment. Hopefully the vitamins will help <3 . Do you mind me asking why you were blunt about saying no to the eating disorder service? 

Glad to hear counselling went well last week, do you have another session this week?
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
    It kinda made me feel proud about all my low vitamins. Cause its because i dont eat enough. 

Yeah have counselling thursday
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Sending hugs Shaunie,

How are you feeling? :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

Im really stressed about money
  • Han93Han93 Posts: 309 The Mix Regular
    Hey @Shaunie

We have a whole section on The Mix about money https://www.themix.org.uk/money 

I wonder if anything on here could help you?

Hugs <3
    edited December 2019
    Thank you ive had a look

had counselling today. Was okay. She took the sticker off the lock which was stressful in its self. 

But she said she will try to get me more sessions cause she really wants to help. Feeling bit shit the next time ill see her will be on 2nd
    Ive been given a few vitamins and ones to get OTC from savers so i did get them ones too. And take about 4 pills before bed and three in the morning. 3 vitamins 1 anti depressant. Just one vitamin says to be taken once daily. But nearly every time, a few mins after. I feel so many heart palpuations. Am i suppose to take them all at the same time? 
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey Shaunie,

Sending hugs, how are you feeling? As we're not medical professionals it may be worth contacting 111, or speaking to you GP about how you are feeling, how would you feel about doing that? :heart:

We care about you, hope you feel better soon, :smile: 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    Thank you
    Ffs had such a shitttt day at work
  • JordanJordan Moderator Posts: 343 The Mix Regular
    Working Boxing Day can really suck sometimes  @Shaunie, what made today bad?
    edited December 2019
    My counsellor said i should start writing my dreams down so i have. (I have soooo many)

this is only starting from yesterday. I have like 3 -5 dreams a night which i didnt kno was possible. But i don’t know i guess it all happens the same day

I kno i had more yesterday but i don’t know what it was just kno i did. & more that i cant remember
    edited December 2019
    I got lion king jigsaw. Great distraction!!!!

i used to love jigsaws. Too excited

got puzzle board to make easier 
    1,000 pcs

Post edited by Siena on
  • JamJarJamJar Posts: 274 The Mix Regular
    Wow @Shaunie that jigsaw looks like it's gonna be hours of fun! How far have you got with it so far?

Also, dreams and sleep are such an interesting biological phenomenon. Have you ever come across the book 'Why We Sleep' by Matthew Walker? 

In that book, the author - who is a bit of a genius in neuroscience - points out that we must sleep for a reason. Otherwise, from a survival perspective it doesn't make sense to switch ourselves off for a third of our lives. And then for dreams, they must also be serving some survivalist purpose - otherwise they'd have been removed by natural selection too. 

Do you have any opinions about your dreams? 
    edited December 2019
    I managed to start the edged but it was pissing me off because i had all the edges but still wasnt working and lot of peices looked the same. 

I think i will share the dreams with my counsellor. 

Today i add my dreams from today. 

Which was 

-Was stuck inside a massive floating bananna for 3 days to win £30 and went round jumping in B&M in it. 

-Was walking to school i left ages ago

• alvinaubrey12alvinaubrey12 Posts: 1 Just got here
    i was facing similar problem but my problem was because of less sleeping hours and i was not time to exercise i spent most of my time in front of laptop i discuss my problem with my friend he suggested me do 2 things before go to doctor for health examination he suggested me increase your sleeping hours 8 to 9 hours and do not overeat exercise daily or any other physical activity because Inactivity could be the root cause of your low energy.believed me it changed me now i not feel tiered all the time only when i do some physical activity but not all the time as i feels before this. 
  • Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Hey @Shaunie

Just wanted to check in and see how things have been since you last posted?  <3

How did it go with talking to your counsellor about the dreams? 

Also hope you've managed to finish the jigsaw! Looks awesome  :)