Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Conditions

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
Wats psychosis, n wat is it causes. N wat conditions r related to ptsd
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• AllieAllie Posts: 235 Trailblazer
    Psychosis is where you experience auditory/visual or both hallucinations. Experience sensations that are not there (taste, touch, smell) and have delusions (thinking someone is after you or trying to harm you, you have super powers, the TV is talking to you etc) and Paranoia. You don't need all those for it to be classed as Psychosis just one or more. There isn't really a set cause, it can be caused by genes (dna) it can be caused by trauma and there can be no cause.

I am not sure what conditions are related to ptsd though. 

Hope that helps in some way. Take care
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
    I do think someone is out to get me bcoz I MSGd the ones that did me harm. I hear voices of the people who bullied me and feel like wat I felt as I did. Every bonfire night I get scared coz I had rockets aimed towards me one year for a few nights, whilst out walking. I still hav nightmares bout the sexual assault.
    Nd ppl who sopose to support me bullied me to who were in the professional field
    Crazy mad insane
  • mags98mags98 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    Hi @ellie2000,

I found some conditions related to PTSD according to online sources, but remember it doesn't mean you will experience the same as everyone's situation is different.
    "In particular, major depression and substance abuse are common in people with PTSD. There may also be an increased risk of panic disorder, agoraphobia, obsessive-compulsive disorder, social phobia and somatisation disorder."

According to https://psychcentral.com/lib/associated-conditions-of-ptsd/

There also some physical conditions which are starting to be associated to PTSD such as: Arthritis, Heart-related problems and disease, Respiratory system-related problems and disease, Digestive problems and disease, Reproductive system-related problems, Diabetes and Pain.

According to https://www.verywellmind.com/ptsd-and-physical-health-2797522
    It's because of the sexual assault I don't socialize
    Crazy mad insane
  • AdamAdam Deactivated Posts: 25 Boards Initiate
    Hi @ellie2000 ,

Thank you for reaching out to us, you are so brave in doing so. :)
    Sorry to hear you are going through a tough time right now.

Have you received any support during this difficult time?

We are always here to listen and provide support <3

--------
    Adam

im in Scotland atm n all the thoughts and feeling I hav at home r gone. will they return wen i go home?
    Crazy mad insane
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @ellie2000

It's good to hear your difficult thoughts and feelings aren't with you at the moment. Sometimes getting away from an environment where we have had those thoughts before can be really helpful for our wellbeing :smile:

I am not in a position to say for sure whether they will return or not, but perhaps you could update us on this? If they do, we will be here to listen and support you. Take good care :heart:
    wen I was home I heard voices in my head telling me to self harm, but I told ppl wat I was feeling they just dismissed it
    Crazy mad insane
  • Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    edited November 2019
    Hello @ellie2000

It can be really difficult when we open up to people about how we are feeling but they don't listen as much as we may expect them too, but you were really brave to reach out and tell someone how you was feeling.  <3

Do you want to talk more about why you felt like you wanted to self harm?  :3

I just wanted to pop these resources in the spoiler which may be of some use, one is distractions for self harm and the other is a support website.  :)

- TESS text and email support service available for girls and women aged under 25. You can find out more here - https://www.selfinjurysupport.org.uk...pport-service/

- Distraction techniques: http://www.themix.org.uk/mental-heal...ions-5696.html

You are doing really well  <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.