Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is This Too Much?

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,799 Master Poster
Feeling so stressed from all of this stuff that I have to do:

20 pages of English homework
15 pages of Maths homework
15 pages of Science homework
All my other homework
Exam revision 
30 minutes daily reading

Am I the only one who feels like that is too much for a year 9 student to be doing? The English homework is basically pointless (the book is all about gangs and fighting- basically nothing on the curriculum.)
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 

Comments

• Options
    Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Hey @Kasa2103

It does seem like a lot that you need to do! 

Have you got any techniques to make sure that you can complete it all within the time limit, but without becoming stressed?  <3

- Jade
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    It definitely is a lot. I don't have any techniques. Except my friends suggestion to yeet it out the window. Out of sight out of mind.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    @Kasa2103 Have you tried things like rest breaks between completing the work, do to lists etc?

I think that main thing is too not try and do too much at once, as it can just become too overwhelming and stressful  <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    I have tried that but I still usually want to yeet it out the window. The daily reading isn't so bad. What is bad though is the first 50 pages of work (especially the English.) I have finished 13 out of the 15 science pages and all of the maths (forgot to mention.) 
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    I do not miss school....

could you maybe speak to your tutors and remind them that you're getting homework from other classes too? I did this once and they put an extension on it :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    It wasn't actually my tutor who set it but good idea- thank you. :) I will speak to the teachers who set the 50 pages of intervention work (the English, Maths and Science.) 
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Hey Kasa.
    Sounds like a lot of work to be doing! 
    May I suggest speaking to each individual teacher about how you are struggling with this?
    When is the work due? Is there anything we can do to help you through it?
  • Options
    Thank you for your reply @GreenTea and for the suggestion. The only thing on here that could help is if anyone had ever read a book called The Outsiders (by S.E Hinton.)
  • Options
    Kasa2103 said:
    Thank you for your reply @GreenTea and for the suggestion. The only thing on here that could help is if anyone had ever read a book called The Outsiders (by S.E Hinton.)

I have not read the outsiders? What's it about and what do.you need to complete about that book?
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    Kasa2103 said:

I have not read the outsiders? What's it about and what do.you need to complete about that book?
    It is a book about secondary school boys who are in gangs and struggle with bullying and getting into trouble with the police. I have to do chapter summaries and work out what will happen next as well as vocabulary practice and filling in information about the characters. 
  • Options
    That sounds like a lot, how long does the summaries have to be? Could you bullet point important parts of the chapters as you read through them and then build on those bullet points?
  • Options
    It is doing bullet points but the book has 20 chapters. Thank you though. 
  • Options
    That's a lot of chapters! Definitely a chat with the teacher!
  • Options
    Update:

My mum sent an email to the teacher in charge of the intervention work to try and get an extension or for me to be exempt from doing The Outsiders.
  • Options
    Hope that helps sort this out!
    Good luck
  • Options
    Thanks.