Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Weekly challenge #119

StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
edited January 2023 in General Chat

Hey folks, so for this weekly challenge we are going to create a The Mix recipe book, feel free to share your recipes on this thread- we can't wait to read them, this weekly challenge is going to be so much fun :heart:

Also feel free to vote for next weeks challenge, and if you have any other ideas for the weekly challenges you can share them over on this thread 

Happy sharing :heart:
                               "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Weekly challenge #119 8 votes

Gif challenge
62% 5 votes
Give yourself/somebody else a compliment a day
37% 3 votes
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    edited November 2019
    Thanks for posting up this challenge @Stephanie!

I've started marking Acai Bowl's recently and this is a recipe I've been using online :) 

Image result for acai bowl

Ingredients
    • 1 packet (100 grams) frozen acai berry packet
    • 1/2 cup apple juice 
    • 1 small frozen banana
    • 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
    • 1/2 cup frozen blueberries

Top your bowl:
    • 1 tablespoon honey 
    • Handful granola
    • Fresh fruit: such as fresh strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and banana: fruit sliced thinly or chopped
    • 1 tablespoon chia seeds

Instructions
    1. Add the acai berry packet, apple juice, banana, strawberries, and blueberries to a high powered blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into a large bowl.

2. Top the bowl with as much (or as little) of your favorites such as granola, fresh (thinly sliced) fruit, chia seeds, and coconut! I recommend drizzling on about a tablespoon of honey over everything. Enjoy immediately.

Enjoy <3 

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    I made Nutella swirl cake a few weeks back (not my photo 😂) 
    Ingredients 
    • 225 g Unsalted butter plus extra for greasing the tin
    •  225 g Caster sugar
    •  4 Free range eggs medium
    •  225 g Self raising flour
    •  150 g Nutella

To top:

•  75 g Hazelnuts
    •  100 g Nutella

Instructions

1. Pre-heat the oven to 160C (fan or 180C non fan).
    2. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
    3. Beat in the eggs, don't worry if it curdles.
    4. Gently stir in the flour.
    5. Remove about a third of the mixture into another bowl and add the 150g of Nutella. Gently stir in until combined. (If the room is cold, pop the Nutella in a bowl in the microwave for 15 - 20 seconds first to warm it and soften it slightly.)

6. Put the two thirds of the batter into a well greased and lined cake tin and add the Nutella flavoured batter. I put the batters side by side, lengthways down the tin.
    7. Swirl the batters together using a knife.
    8. Bake for about an hour or until a skewer comes out clean. This time may vary by up to 15 minutes either way depending on your oven so just check the cake at 45 minutes onwards.

9. When the cake come out of the oven, leave the oven on and toast the hazelnuts in the oven until golden. If they are in their skins, toast until the skin is very dark brown and you can smell the nuts, then gently roll the nuts around in a tea towel until the skins fall off. Chop very roughly, leaving them still quite large.
    10. When the loaf is cold, turn out of the tin and slather on the remaining Nutella with a knife and top with the remaining toasted nuts.
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    These look amazing :heart: 
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Aife said:

I've started marking Acai Bowl's recently and this is a recipe I've been using online :) 

Ingredients
    • 1/2 cup apple juice 
    • 1 small frozen banana

Top your bowl:
    • 1 tablespoon honey 
    • Handful granola
    • Fresh fruit: such as fresh strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and banana: fruit sliced thinly or chopped

Instructions
    1. Add the acai berry packet, apple juice, banana, strawberries, and blueberries to a high powered blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into a large bowl.

2. Top the bowl with as much (or as little) of your favorites such as granola, fresh (thinly sliced) fruit, chia seeds, and coconut! I recommend drizzling on about a tablespoon of honey over everything. Enjoy immediately.

Enjoy <3 

I've always wanted to try making these..
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Aife said:

Ingredients
    • 1/2 cup apple juice 
    • 1 small frozen banana

Top your bowl:
    • 1 tablespoon honey 
    • Handful granola

Instructions

Enjoy <3 

Need to try this, I love making smoothie bowls 😁
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Thank you everyone for sharing :heart: