Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

University Tips

RedheadRedhead Posts: 2 Newbie
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I start uni tomorrow, I haven't been in full time or any education since i was 18 and im now 24 coming on 25. I have learning disabilities meaning my concentration isnt that well. Im detained under the mental health act.

Please give me some tips, Im doing open university.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    AbiAbi Posts: 57 Boards Initiate
    Hi @Redhead

Sorry to read your going through a tough time at university. Have you spoken to anyone about it within your university? Most universities have support in place for students with learning disabilities. Have you tried looking at recording your lectures? 
    I
    I really hope you find the support you need soon. Keep us updated here at The Mix we do care about you. 

<3
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Hey @Redhead

How did your first day at uni go? I hope it went okay! Like @Abi said, we're always here anytime you want to talk about anything <3.
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤