Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Do you think subliminal messages actually work?

SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
The audio ones?

. If not sure what it means it basically listening to audio and they're just sounds that give signal or messages that your coniocus mind cant hear what it means but your subconscious mind does. Our subconscious mind always accepts unlike conscious mind. The mind is 90% subconscious. 

Basically can listen to one like - happiness and confidence, motivation to get things done, weight lose, stop drinking alcohol. 
Anyone done it or even heard of it and thought of trying ?
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley

Comments

• Options
    Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey Shaunie!

I have watched conspiracy videos before that have mentioned subliminal messages and showed some examples, In my opinion, I don't know whether I believe that the audio ones work but I do think that the ones they put in TV shows, etc do work to influence people in certain ways, especially children.

Butterfly x
  • Options
    RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    This is a really interesting topic I think I'm pretty undecided on whether or not they actually work. It's really easy to dismiss them as nonsense or conspiracies but it makes you wonder about how easy it is to get a thought or idea stuck in your head.

I personally haven't tried any of the positive kinds you mentioned @Shaunie but I'd be interested in hearing about peoples' experiences. Just be careful where you get them from! :#
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Hey thank you for your thoughts!  I think It did work on adverts cause increased of sales when they did it. So I mean like it could work on all of them that are suppose to 🤷🏻‍♀️

I may try one I found on YouTube of anxiety and depression. You go to sleep listening to it. So I mean not that much effort so could try. I don't really know completly how it works

but I read the comments on the ones on YouTube and its so surprising at how they're all soo positive!
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @Shaunie

This is such an interesting thread! I definitely think subliminal messages on tv and adverts etc work, so I think the audio ones could too. didn't actually realise they were a thing, especially for anxiety and depression, so that's really interesting and potentially a great idea. I'm going to give it a go and I'll report back on how I feel! :smile: It would be great to hear how you found it too if you try it! 
  • Options
    Not working for me ah