Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Feel like crying

LibbyLibby Posts: 40 Boards Initiate
I hate college. Not because of the work and stuff at the moment, but im already sick of not having anyone to hang out with. Everywhere I walk, I keep feeling paranoid that people are laughing at me for being alone and thinking- look it's the loner again. I just want to go somewhere and cry but everywhere I go ( including the toilets) there's people. It's really annoying that this is happpening and I keep thinking that if I die no one will care. I also keep thinking that I may as well be dead as I will always be alone. 

Comments

• Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Aww, it sounds really hard to feel that way. So many people would love you and you seem like a lovely person. You won't always be alone and I'd love to hang out with you if I could. People would definitely care if you were dead, I care very much. It's really lonely to feel like that and I can relate, sending my hugs <3
  • Options
    Aww, it sounds really hard to feel that way. So many people would love you and you seem like a lovely person. You won't always be alone and I'd love to hang out with you if I could. People would definitely care if you were dead, I care very much. It's really lonely to feel like that and I can relate, sending my hugs <3
    Thanks ❤ you seem like a really nice person as well and i would love to hang out with you too. Sending hugs back xxx❤
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey @Libby, I'm so sorry to hear you're going through this. I didn't have many people to hang out with when I was at school and was made fun of for being a geek/loner, so I really empathise with how you will be feeling <3 I know it's the centre of your world right now but honestly it gets better once you're out the other side, you'll see :)

Keep going, get through college any way you can and it will be worth it. We're here if you wanna talk some more about what you're going through. Sending hugs

- Lucy
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    Lucy307 said:
    Hey @Libby, I'm so sorry to hear you're going through this. I didn't have many people to hang out with when I was at school and was made fun of for being a geek/loner, so I really empathise with how you will be feeling <3 I know it's the centre of your world right now but honestly it gets better once you're out the other side, you'll see :)

Keep going, get through college any way you can and it will be worth it. We're here if you wanna talk some more about what you're going through. Sending hugs

- Lucy
    Hi, I always thought that everyone had friends so it's good to know that you understand. Im in my last year at college so hopefully it should go quick. Thanks for the advice and im also here if you ever need to talk. 
    Sending hugs back ❤xxx
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,497 Skive's The Limit
    Heyy!

i can understand how things like this can really make you feel low. I used to be alone at college sometimes and can understand it feeling awful. And i remember seeing other people alone at college - i never thought "what a loner" i either thought you like sometime by themselves, theyre indepenant or thought that their friends are else where. 

So maybe people would be able to relate to how youre feeling right now and youre not alone in that sense <3

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Heyy!

i can understand how things like this can really make you feel low. I used to be alone at college sometimes and can understand it feeling awful. And i remember seeing other people alone at college - i never thought "what a loner" i either thought you like sometime by themselves, theyre indepenant or thought that their friends are else where. 

So maybe people would be able to relate to how youre feeling right now and youre not alone in that sense <3

Hi Shaunie, 
    What you said about other people not thinking what a loner I get because I feel the same about other people. Thanks because it's nice to know that you understand and it's helped me to feel less alone.❤ It still kinda makes me unhappy and i kinda feel tempted to drop out because this situation is really annoying me now. 
  • Options
    dogmad20dogmad20 Posts: 152 Helping Hand
    Hey 
    i feel that way at college too 
  • Options
    dogmad20 said:
    Hey 
    i feel that way at college too 
    Whay year are you in?
  • Options
    dogmad20dogmad20 Posts: 152 Helping Hand
    I am on a flexible course at college so no idea when it will finish  the  course 
  • Options
    dogmad20 said:
    I am on a flexible course at college so no idea when it will finish  the  course 
    Thats annoying because you don't know when you can finally leave. Im in upper sixth so this is my last year but it feels like forever
  • Options
    hydrangeahydrangea Posts: 27 Boards Initiate
    Hi Libby,

I'm really sorry you're going through this. I finished my two years of college this June, and I pretty much went through the same thing with being alone most of the time. I understand how you feel completely. I can assure you that no one is laughing at you, most people are either sympathetic or they are too busy worrying about themselves. Please do not let your brain trick you into thinking that no one would care if you died, or that you should die. There are people who love you, and everyone here in this thread appreciates you! You are a wonderful, valuable human being and you absolutely deserve to live a good life💙💜
    I reserve my right to feel uncomfortable, reserve my right to be afraid
    I make mistakes and I am humbled every step of the way
    I want to be a better person, I wanna know the master plan
    Cast your stones, cast your judgement, you don't make me who I am.
  • Options
    hydrangea said:
    Hi Libby,

I'm really sorry you're going through this. I finished my two years of college this June, and I pretty much went through the same thing with being alone most of the time. I understand how you feel completely. I can assure you that no one is laughing at you, most people are either sympathetic or they are too busy worrying about themselves. Please do not let your brain trick you into thinking that no one would care if you died, or that you should die. There are people who love you, and everyone here in this thread appreciates you! You are a wonderful, valuable human being and you absolutely deserve to live a good life💙💜
    Hi hydrangea, 
    Thanks for the advice- it's reminded me that I shouldn't feel insecure when alone and now I need to remember that. Its nice to know that im not alone as you understand. I hope that everything is going ok for you at the moment and feel free to talk to me xxx❤
  • Options
    Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    edited September 2019
    Hey @Libby

I can hear that you have been going through a tough time at the moment with college and I can sense that you are feeling quite lonely being there. It's understandably going to be difficult if you haven't got anyone to spend time with so sending you massive hugs. Is there any clubs or groups that you could take part in where you will be able to meet new people?  <3

You mentioned that you feel that if you was to die, nobody would care. I can guarantee that everyone here at the mix would care and you seem like a really lovely person and from what I have seen you have a lot of strength!  :)

Just wanted to link some recourses below that may be of use if you are struggling to cope. 

- Crisis Messenger are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text 'THEMIX' to 85258 if you are feeling in crisis.

-Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123.

-Papyrus - offer non-judgemental support, advice and information to young people. You can call them at 0800 068 4141. They are open Mon-Fri 10am-10pm and 2-10pm on weekends.

-Mind - have a list of crisis houses and sanctuaries that offer short-term support that you might like to try. You might also like to search for your local Mind to see what support is available in your area.

Have you been able to talk to any of the staff at college, or anyone else who you trust about these feelings of loneliness? Sometimes it can be helpful as especially the college staff, they may be able to direct you to some support.  <3

You have done really well to reach out here!

Jade x
    Post edited by Jade09 on
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    ClaraOswaldClaraOswald Posts: 146 Helping Hand
    My tip is to hang around in a classroom if a teacher lets u (no experienced in colledge) and do something to keep u busy, like reading or u can always create a thread here and talk. I found revising at lunch helped when i had no friends :s
    My feelings are bigger on the inside.
     "I do what i do because it's right... and above all its KIND" - the 12th Doctor 💕
    The joy is worth the pain.

• Options
    Jade09 said:
    Hey @Libby

I can hear that you have been going through a tough time at the moment with college and I can sense that you are feeling quite lonely being there. It's understandably going to be difficult if you haven't got anyone to spend time with so sending you massive hugs. Is there any clubs or groups that you could take part in where you will be able to meet new people?  <3

You mentioned that you feel that if you was to die, nobody would care. I can guarantee that everyone here at the mix would care and you seem like a really lovely person and from what I have seen you have a lot of strength!  :)

Just wanted to link some recourses below that may be of use if you are struggling to cope. 

- Crisis Messenger are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text 'THEMIX' to 85258 if you are feeling in crisis.

-Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123.

-Papyrus - offer non-judgemental support, advice and information to young people. You can call them at 0800 068 4141. They are open Mon-Fri 10am-10pm and 2-10pm on weekends.

-Mind - have a list of crisis houses and sanctuaries that offer short-term support that you might like to try. You might also like to search for your local Mind to see what support is available in your area.

Have you been able to talk to any of the staff at college, or anyone else who you trust about these feelings of loneliness? Sometimes it can be helpful as especially the college staff, they may be able to direct you to some support.  <3

You have done really well to reach out here!

Jade x
    Hi Jade, 
    Sorry for replying late. As far as I know, there arn't really many clubs and joining one makes me feel worried because I feel like everyone will already have their own friendship groups and they will be hard to join. I haven't contacted the numbers that you gave me before, so thank you for suggesting them to me ❤ and I'll feel like they'll also be useful as I can talk to people I don't know like on here. At the moment, im seeing a counsellor so I might talk to them about how im feeling at my next appointment. 
    Thanks for your kind words about having strengh and thanks again for sending me the resources xxx
  • Options
    My tip is to hang around in a classroom if a teacher lets u (no experienced in colledge) and do something to keep u busy, like reading or u can always create a thread here and talk. I found revising at lunch helped when i had no friends :s
    Hi Clara, 
    I feel kinda nervous about asking a teacher about hanging in a classroom, but I'll try that because some teachers didn't have a problem with that in secondary school. Thanks for the advice because it will give me more time to revise and feel free to talk to me whenever xxx
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Hey Libby!

I just wanted to check in and see how things have been since you last posted and ask how college has been going?  :)

We are here for you and you have done really well to share with us  <3

Jade
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Jade09 said:
    Hey Libby!

I just wanted to check in and see how things have been since you last posted and ask how college has been going?  :)

We are here for you and you have done really well to share with us  <3

Jade
    Hi Jade, 
    Sorry for replying late. Things are better at college now because I meet up with one of my friends more often, so im not always on my own. Some days are more stressful, but I would say that things are becoming better overall.
    Thanks for your support and im here for you as well xxx
  • Options
    Hello Libby!

There's absolutely no need to apologise, It's really positive that you are able to meet up with your friends more and I'm glad that you are not on your own as often.  :)

I'm so happy to hear that things have improved for you overall and you are always welcome to reach out on the boards if and when you need!  <3

Jade