Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Should we keep the 'thanks' reaction?

13»

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,497 Skive's The Limit
    edited September 2019
    Hey @independent_

the longer threads like hugs and rant threads are made for when you dont want a reply with advice or just dont want a reply just wanna vent. Just thought id let you know cause its not because people dont wanna reply. I sometimes feel bad if i do cause they would of posted a thread if they wanted support on it. Cause the quote they use for the thread that says "read before posting" it says ""the times where people don't want advice, they just want somebody to know". So ive already taken that as that people dont want a reply. Just want someone to know. Just thought id say that incase feel bad when dont get a reply :)

though i agree the hugs button has made it more active since can actually hug people in the i need a hug thread now & let them know you read it. 

But then idealy if go by the "just wanting someone to know" quote then there shouldnt be any comments you need to say thanks to since not looking for replies. But guess is nice when does if want that 

I guess it doesnt matter eithee way tbh. (Well it does in my imo cause should say thnks ourselve). But yeah Either dont use it or do. And if its not there then theres always chance to say thanks ourselves
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Just don't use it if you don't want to. It's gonna be there, it's was voted to be kept, that doesn't make it compulsory for it to be used.
    Reactions are an option
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Yeah. Thats what i said :). But the mix dont always count on the vote though. Ive seen poles where 13 people have said yes & no for 3 people. And it still didnt happen. Cause they take on board on the feedback on what they think too :) obvious votes they think about but yeAh 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    & there are more reasons not to have it tbh. Cause can stil type it. Looks weird and lazy & questionable. Never seen a support site that makes it look like people cant be bothered to say thanks or they dont say thanks so upgraded to a reaction lol. 

Also not making anyone feel bad for their opinion
    Its not that deep.
    Just telling the mix my opinion.  :)
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    edited September 2019
    (deleted because I feel what ever I post isn't listened to anyway)
  • Options
    TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Hey everyone, 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on whether we should keep the 'Thanks' reaction. 

There's been quite a bit of a discussion about the pros and cons of reactions and it's been useful reading through all of your comments and reasons for wanting to keep it, change it and remove it. Every opinion is always welcome and we appreciate you sharing them here. :) 

Looking at the poll, the majority of you have voted to keep it and we'll be keeping this reaction. 

We've closed this thread for now, but if you have any feedback or ideas you'd like to share, head over to our 'Fix the Mix' section of the boards. 

- Aife & the team
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
This discussion has been closed.