Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Group chats this week (08/09-12/09)

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
edited September 2019 in Community Announcements
Hey everyone,

We're trying a new thing where we do group chat announcements weekly rather than daily.

This is partly to be more efficient - creating a whole new discussion every day saying almost the same thing feels a bit excessive. It's also to give everyone a heads up of what's happening in the week, which has the bonus of being particularly helpful for newcomers who aren't familiar with the full schedule.

We also won't be including who's modding in these announcements. This is mainly because volunteer teams naturally shift around during the week, and updating this post with every change would be a bit too time consuming and not really worth it. In theory, the mod team also shouldn't influence whether you come to a session, so it doesn't feel like necessary information to include.

Separate threads will still be posted for Support Circle.

Feel free to tell us what you think. We'll be trying this for a few weeks to see how it goes. :)

----
All chats are 8-9:30pm. This week, we have:

Sunday 8th
General Chat
Support Chat

Monday 9th
General Chat
Support Chat

Tuesday 10th
General Chat
Women's Chat
Men's Chat
Support Circle

Wednesday 11th
General Chat
Support Chat

Thursday 12th
General Chat
Support Chat
----

Go here for the full schedule. :)

Mike & the team

We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
Post edited by Aife on

Comments

• JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    I don’t like it. It’s different. Change stresses me out so please can you just put it back
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    I think it's a good idea, saves a lot of time for the staff too, without having to edit threads if a different mod has to step in or it changes. 

:smile: 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • NatalieMTNatalieMT Posts: 177 Helping Hand
    I think this is perfect thanks, :-)
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    I agree with @Jellyelephant unplanned change is really unhelpful and I like to know who’s modding so I am prepared otherwise it’s a suprise and I don’t like surprises 😂
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    @Mike You might want to relook at the title.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited September 2019
    I think its a good idea. Sounds easier for you.

It doesnt bother me and dont see any reason i would not like the idea. Never 100% whos going to turn up anyways and mods can change even from the post. & idm who ever. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    I like this idea .. the only thing that's confusing me .. could you post this on Monday's? 😂 the week starts on Monday and I get confused with dates haha 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    edited October 2019
    Thank you for the feedback everyone! We're aware this is quite a bit change to how we used to post our chat announcements and we'll make sure to have a read through all of your feedback and review how this has been working in a few weeks. If you have any more feedback on this, let us know :) 

- Aife & the team
    Post edited by JustV on
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    I like this idea .. the only thing that's confusing me .. could you post this on Monday's? 😂 the week starts on Monday and I get confused with dates haha 
    Yeh but the chat week starts Sunday’s so I don’t think this would make sense?? 
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • NatalieMTNatalieMT Posts: 177 Helping Hand
    I think it’s irrelevant which mods are there, they’re all as supportive as another. It’s busier when it’s certain mods, I think it’s better not to know, it shouldn’t make a difference really.
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    I agree with @Laine, I always liked to check the chat thread to find out who was modding just so I knew - I got used to it not being a surprise.

Though, it seems like it will be more convenient for the staff which is always a good thing :)
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    I think it’s irrelevant which mods are there, they’re all as supportive as another. It’s busier when it’s certain mods, I think it’s better not to know, it shouldn’t make a difference really.
    This is pretty much our thinking on this one. :)

Ultimately, we want people to come to group chats because they want to use the space and talk with the community. We know people have different relationships with different moderators and there's nothing wrong with that, but it seems healthier for that not to influence whether you come to a session. This also ties into what we've talked about before around making these spaces feel like your spaces and not the moderator's.

We won't be including the moderators in the threads for now, but it's useful to know it's important to some of you guys. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.